Average Emergency Medicine Hourly in San Francisco, CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epiepishockMD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone willing to share what would be reasonable hourly in San Francisco?

Members don't see this ad.

I can't believe someone asked this......the sarcastic comments are going to be worthwhile.

I'd say you get 10 Chuck E Cheese tickets per hour, with an incentive of up to 5 more tickets for RVU productivity.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Would be amazed if we had attendings here who actually worked in the Bay Area.... would be fascinating to see how they’re living out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems I've committed a faux paus.
I'm just trying to evaluate whether these contracts are reasonable. Salary surveys are less helpful in my opinion since they are less often organized by city than region / state

In the city itself or the SF Bay Area ?

You get .005 bitcoin / hour.

Ya better be able to negotiate excellently since that plunge this morning.

Lolz.

Reactions: 1 user
Facebook-What-space-junk-gets-you-One-a92e98.png

Reactions: 2 users
I had a friend who could barely afford a 2 bedroom condo in Oakland. That would be equivalent to making about $75K living in 99% of other places.

I left SF after residency but overall it's below average especially to start but you can find a niche and do just fine. UCSF/SFGH pay really poorly unless you are tenured faculty. Others are about $150-165 per hour starting and at full partner in low to mid $200/s after a few years of working. Kaiser was offering $365k per year starting for 40 hour work weeks which is a lot. Northbay in Fairfield pays better, John Muir in Walnut Creek pays very very well. Sutter Santa Rosa is also a pretty good gig as is El Camino and Mills Peninsula down south.

Reactions: 1 user
I left SF after residency but overall it's below average especially to start but you can find a niche and do just fine. UCSF/SFGH pay really poorly unless you are tenured faculty. Others are about $150-165 per hour starting and at full partner in low to mid $200/s after a few years of working. Kaiser was offering $365k per year starting for 40 hour work weeks which is a lot. Northbay in Fairfield pays better, John Muir in Walnut Creek pays very very well. Sutter Santa Rosa is also a pretty good gig as is El Camino and Mills Peninsula down south.

Hey thanks man!!!!!!!

Seriously this is super helpful as I look at the contracts in front of me.