Average GPA and MCAT for schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tigre21

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am considering whether to apply with my stats and what chances I have and I was wondering if the averages (MCAT and GPA) for the different DO schools are listed anywhere? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Most of the schools list them, if not do a search in teh forum or google. I have found it both ways. They will be older information though as stats have historically gone up every year.

Search this forum is your best best. I'd do it for you but that would take the fun out of you finding them for yourself ;)

That's what I was wondering because I couldn't find it on the schools sites...and searching through SDN just gives a bunch of what are my chances threads...where would I find them on the schools sites? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
under admissions usually. Alot of schools have a matriculant profile.

Also do a google search. i have found a ton of information that way as well as come across SDN threads that list them.

hehe yep i just found some stuff on SDN too :) teaching a woman to fish yes thank u ;)

Its alot of info to go through I know :( Usually I find something within 10 mins. If you want to post what you find here maybe I can get some information stickied if its recent. :D

tigre21 said:
I am considering whether to apply with my stats and what chances I have and I was wondering if the averages (MCAT and GPA) for the different DO schools are listed anywhere? Thanks :)

U.S. News and World Report has most of the schools listed.

They're in there. Arizona, Chicago, Lake Erie, Ohio and the u. of Health Sciences in MO didn't respond to the US News survey. Hit the bookstore, grab a coffee and narrow it down. It gives the stats including in/out state acceptance, curriculum, where grads go, # students, statement about school priority and mission and such. There's two pages on ever school.

It would have taken me a very long time online, but that works too.

Caboose.

tigre21 said:
I have found most online at the schools website listed under admissions or FAQ's. I also just purchased a few books on DO schools, I'm not sure which one I pulled these figures from but they should be pretty current. A couple are not listed anywhere I could find, not online or in the books, they are NY and Lake Erie. Here's what I do have, hope someone can make some use of them.

GPA overall Bio Phys Ver Writing
Kirksville 3.5 9.0 9.8 8.9 O
DesMoines 3.5 8.7 8.2 8.2 O
KansasCity 3.4 8.6 7.8 8.1 Q
Michigan State
3.5 8.7 8.0 8.2 O
Midwestern Chicago
3.5 9.1 8.3 8.5 O
Nova Southeastern
3.5 8.3 7.8 7.9 N
Oklahoma State
3.6 9.0 8.0 9.0 O
Philadelphia 3.4 8.3 8.0 8.2 P
Pikesville 3.3 7.6 7.1 7.8 O
Touro 3.4 9.0 9.0 8.0
New Jersey 3.5 9.0 9.0 8.0 Q
NewEngland 3.5 8.5 8.1 8.4 Q
Texas 3.6 9.2 8.7 8.5 O
WestVirg. 3.4 7.4 7.0 8.1 N

Sorry, can't adjust the spacing well for columns on this reply. Read the best you can.

what are the COMLEX 1 pass rates for the following schools:
PCOM, UMDNJ-SOM, NYCOM, LECOM, CCOM, MSUCOM, VCOM, WVSOM

Where on the net would you go to find out the COMLEX 1, 2, or 3 scores of different schools? I just want to know TCOM and Ok.SUCOM.