Average GPA of matriculants...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

beastly115

I'm just curious, is the average GPA of matriculants to a school their GPA with the +/-'s or is it the flat 4=A, 3=B, etc. without the +/- grades?

Members don't see this ad.

beastly115 said:
I'm just curious, is the average GPA of matriculants to a school their GPA with the +/-'s or is it the flat 4=A, 3=B, etc. without the +/- grades?

It should be the AMCAS GPAs, so it would take into account all the +/-'s

Members don't see this ad :)
AMCAS takes into account + and - ??????

If so, thank goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have several B+'s that I hate seeing them turn into plain and boring B's.

baylormed said:
AMCAS takes into account + and - ??????

If so, thank goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have several B+'s that I hate seeing them turn into plain and boring B's.

I believe it scales all your grades into a number system like B 3.0, B+ 3.5, A- 3.7, A 4.0, and then takes the average (points/unit)...I don't know the other numbers because that's as low as my grades get...haha just kidding :laugh: I'm sure one of the many current applicants can verify...

Zoom-Zoom said:
I believe it scales all your grades into a number system like B 3.0, B+ 3.5, A- 3.7, A 4.0, and then takes the average (points/unit)...I don't know the other numbers because that's as low as my grades get...haha just kidding :laugh: I'm sure one of the many current applicants can verify...

and A+'s = 4.0 in AMCAS

Zoom-Zoom said:

except for the fact that a B+ is 3.3