Average of 60% on Q-Bank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Llenroc

Bandidos Motorcycle Club
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My overall average for Q-Bank is 40 something, but I've gotten 60% on the last several tests I've taken. Do you think I can be fairly confident of passing?

Members don't see this ad.

i dont know about confident..i think you should be averaging at least 65-70 close to your exam..40's is def. not sufficient..i think you are about a borderline pass fail..if you maintain late 50's and 60's without dropping too much..but to be confident you would need to maintain at least 65..my two cents

Llenroc said:
My overall average for Q-Bank is 40 something, but I've gotten 60% on the last several tests I've taken. Do you think I can be fairly confident of passing?

NBME forms are better to predict that than qbank. But I think avging 60% + last few exams is a good sign.

I posted a question on the kaplan message boards (thru Q bank) and the administrator responded that 65% on Q bank is pretty confident for passing, 70% is approximately getting the mean (217), and 75%+ is equivalent to 240+. Hope that helps. I haven't received my score yet (took it a few weeks ago), but my 1 practice NBME (form 3) 1 week before the test followed those scores very accurately for my last 400-500 q bank questions. Hope that helps!