Average On-Campus Hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

commymommy

*reformed commymommy*
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the average on-campus hours for those of you who are PharmD students already. My children get home from school at 3pm and I'm wondering if it would be possible at least on some days for me to continue to be there during the pre-clinical training period.....

kris

Members don't see this ad.

I can't speak for all schools, but at Wayne State the typical day started at 8am and was finished by 3pm...usually once a week until 5pm. (Of course that was during classes not rotations)

it tends to vary depending on profressor's schedule, e.g. our law professor taught class at 4:30-6:30 since he had to work in his law office in the morning and early afternoon, our renal/GI pharmacotherapy class was at 4:30-5:50 since our professors came in from the hospital, some will be early 8-11 our Neuropsych Therapy class, hope that helps

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends on the school. My school is on a block system, so school always starts at 8 AM ends at 3PM (or sooner) M-Th. Alternating Fridays are exams (usually out by noon, pick up test results at 2PM), and experiential rotations (every other week for 8 hours, and when that ends depends on when your preceptor wants you to come in)

Hehehe I heard UOP is only 8-12 and its only a 3 year program.
Only on days when there are labs is class extended. No more busting my ass off from 9 - 9 at night with fat 2 hour gaps. More time to procrastinate.

Originally posted by mommd2b
What are the average on-campus hours for those of you who are PharmD students already. My children get home from school at 3pm and I'm wondering if it would be possible at least on some days for me to continue to be there during the pre-clinical training period.....

kris