Average RVUs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RickKane

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently offered a contract that has a base salary plus productivity bonus based on wRVUs.

---What do you think the average number of wRVUs produced by most pain management docs?

---What do you think is a reasonable compensation rate for each wRVU?

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Look in MGMA. All that stuff is there in detail.

Look in MGMA. All that stuff is there in detail.

The only MGMA data I have is from 2010. It is an abbreviated copy that includes avg salaries but not RVU data. As a fellow, I am hoping to avoid spending the nearly $1000 for the report. I would really appreciate if someone out there has a pdf of a report (even old) that includes RVU data or if anyone is willing to share roughly how many RVU they produce in a year.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Not to be vague, but there is a thread on this somewhere that I remember seeing. Also, your department chair should have all the MGMA books. I don't see any reason for them not to let you look at them.

PM me and I might be able to help more.

PM sent.

There are also prior threads

You can reverse engineer the data you need by taking the salary you want and dividing by the RVUs you expect to generate; or, take a $ / RVU and the salary you want to make and see how many RVUs you will need per year

This really needs to be in the physician forum anyway, no one is going to give you the skinny on the open forum.

Your rvu based salary will be what your chairman wants it to be. Ok if your chair is reasonable, but will be under their thumb regardless....