average salary of an md/mph?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rachana

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i didn't see a forum for preventive medicine (general, occupational, public health, etc.), so I thought I would ask here: what is the average salary of physicans in these fields? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

rachana said:
i didn't see a forum for preventive medicine (general, occupational, public health, etc.), so I thought I would ask here: what is the average salary of physicans in these fields? thanks.

I've looked at a bunch of salary surveys and I don't remember seeing occ med or public health listed. My impression is that these fields pay pretty poorly relative to other medical specialties, but probably lots better on average than a similar non-physician role. People doing public health aint doing it for the money, that's for sure!

My father is an MD/MPH and he gets a 1% increase in his salary from the state. Not bad when you consider it over 20 years. The greatest benefit though may be that he is able to be medical director of his clinic (largest public mental health clinic in the state).

Members don't see this ad :)
I know it doesn't include the MPH degree, but salary.com has some free salary reports for occ med physicians?

It’s under "Health Care - Practitioners" then "Physician - Occupational Medicine"

Adcadet said:
People doing public health aint doing it for the money, that's for sure!
AMEN!