?average time to buy a plane ticket for interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pocwana

MD/MBA candidate c/o 2008
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
all these airlines have a 7-day or 14-day advance ticket purchase policy to get the cheaper tickets.

i was just wondering how far in advance you usually get with med schools between knowing you're going for an interview and the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I only interviewed during September through November. I was notified about 2-3 weeks in advance. Some schools would allow me to delay the interview, but out of 5 interviews, 4 were rolling, so I tried to do them as quickly as possible.

I like when schools notify you by e-mail and snail mail.

I got an invite for an interview 6 days before I was suppose to be there. It was postmarked 1 week before the date I received it.

AK

Reactions: 1 user
•••quote:•••Originally posted by Doc AdamK in 2006:
•I like when schools notify you by e-mail and snail mail.

I got an invite for an interview 6 days before I was suppose to be there. It was postmarked 1 week before the date I received it.

AK•••••did you also get an e-mail from that school?

One of my interview invitations was a "call for interview date". The first available date was less than 7 days away (a cancellation) and the second available date was more than a month away. Since it was already January, and my top-choice school, I opted take the next available interview date. Ended up paying over $700 for that flight (which is not all that terrible as it was from Alaska - normal price would have been around $450). I got in, so I'm glad I spent the extra bucks for the early interview. No telling what might have happened if I'd delayed the interview until March.

congrats mpp.
what school was that?

•••quote:•••Originally posted by pocwana:
•congrats mpp.
what school was that?•••••Thanks. It was Mayo.