Averaging 50% on CARS - 4/28 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuroPA

PA-C
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am doing 2 CARS passages a day. I would do more but I'm taking 9 units and working full time. For the AAMC practice CARS questions, what is a good average to shoot for?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

You're getting 50% on the AAMC ones? Are you reading every word of the passages and taking the full amount of time allowed?
I believe low 70s is average, but maybe someone on this forum has done some "research" into that. Volume 1 of the question packs is harder than Volume 2, if that helps.

50% is meaningless if you don't tell us what product you're using. The first half of qpack 1 is very difficult, far more difficult than the real things. The OG and the FLs are very representative. So the answer is it depends.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its the AAMC question pack CARS. Every once and a while a passage will seriously destroy me, like 2/7 or 3/7 correct. The reasoning seems so convoluted and non-logical sometimes.

Have you heard of this "golden rule" they speak of... (they being people on SDN) it interests me what they mean when they say "pick the less wrong answer"

https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/how-to-improve-on-verbal-golden-rule.1189602/

The least wrong, most right answer is best with priority being on the least wrong. The MCAT has many but limited ways to trick the test taker. One of their perennial favorites is having an answer choice almost word for word from the passage with something very tiny wrong as bait.

Reactions: 2 users
You've got 11 weeks? Plenty of time to get that up. Increasing CARS will increase the other areas as well.

Do you highlight the actual words in question stem? MOST Likely, least likely, not as unlikely ;) I found on the real deal, I would have missed a point or two had I not done that as I missed double negative question stems...