• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

DrDad

DO Stud. '08
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2003
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Visit site
Status
So, anyone wanna be an AME....

1. Is anyone a pilot?
2. Does anyone know something about this?
3. Does anyone know of a residency that assists to some degree....

http://www.cami.jccbi.gov/aam-400/ameinfo.html

I am thinking after I get my license that this would be a good thing to have...

Thoughts????

DrDad

flighterdoc

Rocket Scientist
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2003
Slipping the Surly Bonds of Earth
Visit site
Status
DrDad said:
So, anyone wanna be an AME....

1. Is anyone a pilot?
2. Does anyone know something about this?
3. Does anyone know of a residency that assists to some degree....

http://www.cami.jccbi.gov/aam-400/ameinfo.html

I am thinking after I get my license that this would be a good thing to have...

Thoughts????

DrDad
Yep, I'm a pilot, and don't think I'd do it. Too much BS from FAA, no independence at all any more, lots of liability for little return.

The FAA's motto is they're not happy until you're not happy, and why be part of that?

Plus, another week in OKC would just suck. I had to go there to become a designated examiner years ago, the worst week I've ever spent in aviation. The FAA could suck the joy out of a 3 year-olds smile.

DrDad

DO Stud. '08
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 11, 2003
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Visit site
Status
that was my fear.... yet I intend to practice in BFE.... so Likely would not get a great number of pilots anyway.... just thinking

About the Ads

Pilot

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2000
Status
Attending Physician
I am a pilot as well (private, single engine, land). I will probably be an aviation examiner. Would like to give something back to the aviation community. I live in OKC already, so the FAA training wouldn't be too time intensive.

Heeed!

On target, On time!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2003
San Antonio, TX
Visit site
Status
I'm a pilot and I wouldn't do it. I'm all for giving back to the aviation community but would find a different way to do it....like get my CFI!

flighterdoc

Rocket Scientist
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2003
Slipping the Surly Bonds of Earth
Visit site
Status
Pilot said:
I am a pilot as well (private, single engine, land). I will probably be an aviation examiner. Would like to give something back to the aviation community. I live in OKC already, so the FAA training wouldn't be too time intensive.
Well, OK. I figure that I have give enough to aviation through being a member of Civil Air Patrol and flying/running search missions.

I'm glad that people are willing to become AME's. It's just not for me.

Pilot

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2000
Status
Attending Physician
I thought about CAP when I first got licensed, but never got around to joining. As for CFI, that doesn't interest me at all. It would be too difficult to work around a full clinic schedule, airplane availability, and student availability.

About the Ads