Aviation Medical Examiner

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrDad

DO Stud. '08
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, anyone wanna be an AME....

1. Is anyone a pilot?
2. Does anyone know something about this?
3. Does anyone know of a residency that assists to some degree....

http://www.cami.jccbi.gov/aam-400/ameinfo.html

I am thinking after I get my license that this would be a good thing to have...

Thoughts????

DrDad

Members don't see this ad.

DrDad said:
So, anyone wanna be an AME....

1. Is anyone a pilot?
2. Does anyone know something about this?
3. Does anyone know of a residency that assists to some degree....

http://www.cami.jccbi.gov/aam-400/ameinfo.html

I am thinking after I get my license that this would be a good thing to have...

Thoughts????

DrDad

Yep, I'm a pilot, and don't think I'd do it. Too much BS from FAA, no independence at all any more, lots of liability for little return.

The FAA's motto is they're not happy until you're not happy, and why be part of that?

Plus, another week in OKC would just suck. I had to go there to become a designated examiner years ago, the worst week I've ever spent in aviation. The FAA could suck the joy out of a 3 year-olds smile.

that was my fear.... yet I intend to practice in BFE.... so Likely would not get a great number of pilots anyway.... just thinking

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a pilot as well (private, single engine, land). I will probably be an aviation examiner. Would like to give something back to the aviation community. I live in OKC already, so the FAA training wouldn't be too time intensive.

I'm a pilot and I wouldn't do it. I'm all for giving back to the aviation community but would find a different way to do it....like get my CFI!

Pilot said:
I am a pilot as well (private, single engine, land). I will probably be an aviation examiner. Would like to give something back to the aviation community. I live in OKC already, so the FAA training wouldn't be too time intensive.

Well, OK. I figure that I have give enough to aviation through being a member of Civil Air Patrol and flying/running search missions.

I'm glad that people are willing to become AME's. It's just not for me.

I thought about CAP when I first got licensed, but never got around to joining. As for CFI, that doesn't interest me at all. It would be too difficult to work around a full clinic schedule, airplane availability, and student availability.