Avoid practice tests at this point?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StripedCheetah

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My exam is this Thursday, and I'm both nervous and excited to get it over with.

But I've been doing nothing but reviewing content/doing practice exams this whole past week (kinda what I did the whole past 3 months I studied for this test).

I can't seem to focus on doing passages today, except for verbal for some reason.

I feel like I should rest, but then another part of me is worried that if I don't practice now, I will "forget how to practice" on the real exam.

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::love:??

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I feel like this will vary between people, but I took my last practice test on the Monday before my Friday exam. I actually took a road trip on the Tuesday/Wednesday of that week. For me at least, it was a great way to relax.

I would hope by this point you would have developed good enough habits so you won't "forget" how to do everything by thursday. I don't think its terrible to take a break, but it might be a little premature to completely stop studying before your test. I took AAMC 11 two days before my exam, and I didn't feel like that adversely affected my performance. Like gtlo said, it depends on you.

I would hope by this point you would have developed good enough habits so you won't "forget" how to do everything by thursday. I don't think its terrible to take a break, but it might be a little premature to completely stop studying before your test. I took AAMC 11 two days before my exam, and I didn't feel like that adversely affected my performance. Like gtlo said, it depends on you.

Oh yeah, I'm not talking about dropping everything before the test, just today.

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually didn't do this haha, I took the Organic Self-Assessment literally the night before. I definitely quit verbal practice a couple days beforehand though.

Well you're an MCAT anomaly :D

I was thinking I was going to be super nervous before, but a solid day of vegging out the day before made me feel alert and confident on test day. All that confidence is gone now however...haha

I took a test 3 days before. Reviewed it and watched chads videos 2 days before. Did nothing Mcat related the day before (got a massage, went to dog park). Woke up and watched videos the morning of.

I would recommend taking a couple relaxing days. But that's not to say it can't be done the other way. But if you feel yourself getting burnt out then I would definitely relax.

After today's little escapade I don't think it's a bad idea to take a day off in the week approaching your test date.