1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Awaiting on 2 of 3 evaluations--PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by taimishu616, Sep 4, 2014.

1. taimishu616

2+ Year Member

My AADSAS Application was completed on 8/15 and the mail date was 8/29...I have almost finished paying secondary fees/completing secondary apps (16 out of 18 schools applied)...I had a couple questions:

1) My professors/dentists are taking quite a long time to complete their evaluations and submit them to AADSAS. A few of the schools on the "school decisions" sections say "received/under review" and some of them say "received/awaiting additional confirmation".

do the schools that say "received/under review" look at my application even though 2 of my 3 evaluations are not completed yet?? I am very confused on the difference..

2) I was contemplating whether I should speak to my professors to hurry up the recommendation. Is this ok to do?? I am panicking since I have no control of when they will finish the letter..

I have a 3.49 sGPA and 3.64 oGPA, DAT: AA:20 TS: 20 PAT: 26 RC: 21 QR:17

Thank you!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Imrizzle

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    You NEED to get on your teachers, when was the last time you contacted them for the letters? I'm not sure on the application status of under review, better call or email the schools and ask.

Good luck

4. supergenius310

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    This is precisely the reason I used Interfolio to gather my LORs beforehand. No stress of losing them or having to wait for professors. Best of luck getting them!

5. trangtn

5+ Year Member

How long have they had to write it? I always give a reasonable deadline to my letter writers. Try bugging them more and state specifically when you need it (give a date) by and maybe offer an explanation of how important it is to get them in soon considering it's pretty late in the cycle.

6. 2THDDS

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

They know how important the letters are and sometimes they are just as.sholes about it and I hated it when I had to wait for my letters. I literally had to wait 4 months to get it, not to mention about numerous emails and visits I paid to their summer classes. Getting the letter is sometimes more PITA than other application materials like doing personal statements and even studying for DAT.

Only thing you can do is keep sending them reminders, hope you will get at least some responses unlike my professors.