Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Awards and Honors

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Wasabi, May 24, 2001.

1. Wasabi

Wasabi Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hello all,

Quick question about the AACOMAS application. When describing the various awards and honors I have received in the past, should I include awards that don't relate to my fields of study? For instance, for many years I participated in regional and state competitions for piano and clarinet, and from these events I received many awards. Should I go ahead and list these awards or would they be considered irrevelent and totally unnecessary?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Waaaasaaabbiiii,

I say definitely consider it if you have space in your application. IN most, not all, secondaries you will have the opportunity to elaborate on your awards and such.

CCOM,AZCOM, TUCOM, LECOM, COMP, UHSCOM, Pikeville, MSUCOM.... okay, I've check all my secondaries for you and this is what I came up with. These schools give you a spot in their secondaries to fill in awards and honors. SO the other schools might not see your awards....

So definitely put those awards, as long as you have space. Make space by abbreviating.

Later

4. Wasabi

Wasabi Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Popoy, thanks for all your wonderful advice, and I hope you'll continue to enjoy your summer at DMU!

:)

5. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    My pleasure :D
    Keep on postin'!!! I enjoy your postings as well.... I sincerely wish you luck throughout the application process. IT's very grueling, but worth the rewards in the end.... :cool: