1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Awards, Honors, Scholarships on AADSAS

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by jlee1986, May 15, 2008.

1. jlee1986

10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i know that aadsas has a limit of 5 for this section, but what if you were on the dean's list for 6 semesters? should i put it down as only one? if i fill out 5, which semesters should i put down? thanks for your help :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Personally I did not include the Deans List since when they see my transcript it will be on there as well as written in other essays i have. If you are using the Deans List, I would put it as one, otherwise it may look like that is all you have. Try to diversify as much as possible.

4. summersy

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I would agree. I believe this section is for other awards besides deans list. Like a couple of mine were chemistry undergraduate excellence award and distinguished student leadership award. The deans list is a recognition, I do not think it counts as an award or like was said put it once

5. airsimon

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Mine was "Kub Kar Derby champion" in '89 and "most likely to kill someone" from my high school yearbook

mchollandred and JC10 like this.
  6. Selso2109

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    The Dean's List is an honor, I see no harm in putting it for one of you five.

7. We did not say that it was not an honor. It just that if you have others, I would put those personally. If you have a high GPA, they basically know your on the Deans List. If you send the school a transcript directly (some make you do it), they will also see it on there.

8. ngoel

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Are high school superlatives fair game for dent school apps? I haven't really gotten a solid answer about that before.

9. Hugh Mannity

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Not sure about that. I would say yes if you still do them. I volunteer regularly for a program since high school still so I put that I started it in H.S. If you did a 1 time deal in H.S. I would probably not put that in.

EDIT: lol I though you guys were talking about EC's for a minute, then I finished the post and saw yearbook, how embarrassing.

10. bounty101

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    List it as one entry, ex- Dean's List during 6 semesters

11. firecracked

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Would honor society memberships go here also?

And what about nominations to honor societies? I've been asked to join a few, but I don't want to pay the $80 or whatever just to list it on my resume when I know I won't be active in it. Still, that doesn't take away the fact that I was asked to join and met whatever standards they set.

12. sl2obel2ts

sl2obel2ts i like tomatoes
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    i put it as one, the first day i received it.

13. bounty101

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Only use something like this if you're desperate to find something to fill in. If you can list 2 or 3 legitamite awards, that's good enough. You don't have to max out every section.

14. Hugh Mannity

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I disagree. I think you should try to fill out every section (not where you put ridiculous things however). The more you have, the more well-rounded you appear. Its better to seem like you have more than what the application lets you put down opposed to scrambling to fill the blanks. Just my opinion though.

15. msuspartan313

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    How would you input the year given for multiple deans list recognitions?

16. NYDent22

2+ Year Member

I was thinking the same lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app