awards/honors/ scholarships on AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vet8240

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Did anyone bother to include awards/honors you received in high school? I don't have many awards/honors received in college and I'm not sure if I should even mention what I got from highschool.

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone,

Did anyone bother to include awards/honors you received in high school? I don't have many awards/honors received in college and I'm not sure if I should even mention what I got from highschool.

Thank you in advance!

I think it would be silly to add awards/honors from high school.

Unless its something really amazing and significant like national merit scholar then I wouldn't...

Members don't see this ad :)
i included a state championship in athletics, but mostly because it led into my college athletics story. i think things like that are still relevant, but minor things from high school probably look silly on a dental app

thank you. so i guess it's not necessary to include extracurricular/volunteer/community service that were done in high school?

thank you. so i guess it's not necessary to include extracurricular/volunteer/community service that were done in high school?

As far as EC's, Volunteering, and CS, I think one or the only times you should include them from highschool is if they're either huge, as others have said, or that continued on into college. For example, the vast majority of all of my shadowing hours / volunteer hours were during my Junior year when I volunteered as a dental assistant at a clinic for six months. As far as awards from highschool, I could reasonably see someone putting in a Nobel prize, even if it was for literature, possibly even a Peabody, but that would be pushing it. ;)

Eagle scout....always make sure to slip that in

I spoke to an admission officer who said it would be okay to include high school valedictorian. Other than that (or something on the state/national scale), she advised to steer clear from high school awards.