Awards/Honors/Scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shawnpremed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What if they ask you describe your proudest awards/honor/scholarship on a secondary, but you don't really have any? Do you leave a blank or say "I don't have any?":(

Besides some publications, I don't really have many acknowledgements. Is this uncommon?

Members don't see this ad.

Well, if you don't have any awards or scholarships to put down, that's that. Best not to worry about what you can't change, unless you want to give yourself an award for being awesome. Honestly it doesn't seem like a big deal. It probably won't end up hurting you, it simply won't help. I'm sure many other applicants don't have any awards to put down.

Members don't see this ad :)
^^You mean spin something like a journal publication into an accomplishment? That I'm including that in the publications section.
I thought for the awards/scholarships section, they were looking for concrete awards.

i think dean's list counts as one, but iono....

I was really curious about the OP's question as well, but this thread's full of "."'s.