AWARDS TIME: Best/Worst Status-Check Sites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

billybama

Vote for me!
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's have some fun and make up awards for the different status sites. I will go first. And the winner is....

"FLY SWATTER AWARD"

Northwestern--for dropping people (like flies) before they even get their official rejection notices.

Next?

Members don't see this ad.

Best: Ohio State - lightning fast.

Worst: U. Michigan

This ignores schools that don't even have status checks.

I say UPenn is the best, nice summary of all the information they have/waiting for and updated failry quickly :).

Members don't see this ad :)
"butt-ugliest Statust Check Site"

Ucla

"IF I EVER HAVE INSOMNIA, CAN I CALL YOU UP?" award

To umichigan for being soooooooooooooooooo slow to update

Informative/Useful Status Page

NYMC

They tell you when your LORs are in, secondary rec'd, and you can even setup your interview online :thumbup:

-tx

txguy said:
Informative/Useful Status Page

NYMC

They tell you when your LORs are in, secondary rec'd, and you can even setup your interview online :thumbup:

-tx
U Pitt is also excellent in this regard.

Alexander Pink said:
I say UPenn is the best, nice summary of all the information they have/waiting for and updated failry quickly :).

i concur......i esp liked the part about the "rigorous screening process" part....makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside

my vote goes to duke and UCI for their status check pages

does anyone else think that the uc davis status check site is kinda pointless after you are complete? there is check box for AFTER the interview is scheduled so you have to obviously be informed of the interview first by another method. (it is always more fun when you can get a sneak preview of things to come--like the ucla site announces interviews BEFORE you get the actual letter in the mail.)

striped sweater said:
does anyone else think that the uc davis status check site is kinda pointless after you are complete? there is check box for AFTER the interview is scheduled so you have to obviously be informed of the interview first by another method. (it is always more fun when you can get a sneak preview of things to come--like the ucla site announces interviews BEFORE you get the actual letter in the mail.)

You took the words out of my mouth. I agree that the Davis status page is kind of lame.

I nominate Jefferson for the "Night Owl" award. Three times I have had updates/e-mails at around 11 PM, Pacific time zone, which would be 2 AM in Philly! :D

The most useful status page for me has been OSU. Every time there is an update, the school sends an e-mail, which is nice. And they're quick about things, too. :)

university of illinois :thumbup:
wright state :thumbdown:
vcu :thumbdown:

Why thumbs down for VCU? They're great with keeping the applicant informed as to what exactly is being done at the moment.

Members don't see this ad :)
b-real said:
Why thumbs down for VCU? They're great with keeping the applicant informed as to what exactly is being done at the moment.

i read on here that the process was slowed down due to bad weather.
and i've also read and it happened to me that LORS are floating in
never never land where they have been received and processed by other
schools. just my experience. :(

The "Take the Money and Run" Award to Pritzker and Feinberg for sending out rejections as soon as they cash your check. :mad:

BlueMagpie said:
The "Take the Money and Run" Award to Pritzker and Feinberg for sending out rejections as soon as they cash your check. :mad:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :smuggrin:

BlueMagpie said:

I also nominate Michigan State for this award because you have to pay the fee before they will consider giving you a secondary.

UCLAstudent said:
I also nominate Michigan State for this award because you have to pay the fee before they will consider giving you a secondary.

UCLA, I guess we could give that Award to Mayo too....they demand money before secondary..........but I have to say the people in the admissions office are patient and supernice.....may be we should start a new thread of experiences with who has been the best helpful office in terms of update over the phone......

I tihnk Vanderbilt gets my vote for "We will give you secondary if we want you and then take your money" award......I was rejected pre-secondary ...at least it was good to know before hand rather than pay my money write meaningless essays and then get rejected after spending more money on interview..........I think more schools should do that

Most useless, never updated status page in my opinion: Yale

Nicest office staff: University of Minnesota

CanIMakeIt said:
UCLA, I guess we could give that Award to Mayo too....they demand money before secondary..........but I have to say the people in the admissions office are patient and supernice.....may be we should start a new thread of experiences with who has been the best helpful office in terms of update over the phone......

True, Mayo could get that award, but at least I "lasted" for a little while with them before they dropped the bomb on me. :) Michigan State put me on hold immediately after they received my fee. :rolleyes:

UCLAstudent said:
True, Mayo could get that award, but at least I "lasted" for a little while with them before they dropped the bomb on me. :) Michigan State put me on hold immediately after they received my fee. :rolleyes:

lol, mayo held and cuddled you like a baby for a while after they cashed your check; then, they dropped you on your face. oops. ;)

I like the Duke site because of the history feature :D

junathon said:
lol, mayo held and cuddled you like a baby for a while after they cashed your check; then, they dropped you on your face. oops. ;)

Hey, it made me feel important! ;)