Awards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TranceKitten

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi this is my first post:) ! I love SDN already:love: !
I was wondering, what kind/how many awards have my esteemed SDNers received? The reason I ask is because I am not sure if this is just par for the course, do most of you premeds have awards in spades? If so, what makes an applicant standout? Would it hurt me if I did not have some minimum?

Members don't see this ad.

ah, we all go through that feeling here (well, except a few). SDNers are NOT normal. They tend to be way above average. Just look at avg MCAT, GPA, interviews, and number of acceptances. So don't worry if you haven't won a Goldwater, a Nobel, and an Order of Lenin.

OK, this is what I've won:
-merit scholarship to my college
-graduated with dept. honors (bio)
-world breakdancing championship first runner up (2000), second runner up (2001), and grand world champion (2002)

You?re the world breakdancing champ, that is so money! Congratulations! :clap:
Any other super stars out there? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi TranceKitten,

A few awards are good because it fills up that space on the application form; otherwise, awards don't really mean much unless it's a big accomplishment. However, you don't have to have big awards, but you also shouldn't have none.

For a starter, you could post a lot on the SDN since you love it so much and you could take the "most posts on the SDN" title away from Dr. Foxy.

Trust me, it counts a lot in the eyes of the Adcomm.

i have jack for awards. i got deans list like 4 yeras in a row but which premed hasnt.. dont worry awards mean jakc