Away elective Albany Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drizzlinstars

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I am a fourth year medical student. I am trying to schedule away electives. I was wondering if anyone did any away electives with the ophthalmology dept at Albany Med and what was their experience like? Would you recommend it?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there and became friends with one of the residents there and we kept in touch throughout the process. They had given me advice on who to have make calls for me, etc. They told me that all of the people that matched there were either from their school or had done an away rotation there.

It sounds like it would be an effective place to do one if you feel you know your stuff, can work really hard, and make a good impression.

Personality-wise, it wasn't the best fit for me, but everyone was still very nice and it has a remarkably strong faculty, with several board examiners and journal reviewers, etc. I think it would be a great place to train. There are some locations where I don't think aways matter that much, but it sounds like it could really make a difference at AMC.

good luck.