medready2005

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2005
Status (Visible)
hello all

I hope all is well!!! I am currently doing an away elective at a program that is high on my list for residency training in peds. One of the residents I work with suggested that I meet with the PD and introduce myself; mind you I already have an interview scheduled at this program next month. Do you think it is a good idea to quickly meet with the PD before the official interview date?

Thanks in advance!!

drbetty

10+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
hello all

I hope all is well!!! I am currently doing an away elective at a program that is high on my list for residency training in peds. One of the residents I work with suggested that I meet with the PD and introduce myself; mind you I already have an interview scheduled at this program next month. Do you think it is a good idea to quickly meet with the PD before the official interview date?

Thanks in advance!!

definitely a good idea. seize the opportunity to show that you are interested.

dragonfly99

10+ Year Member
May 15, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Yes that is an excellent idea. Just make sure you have a question or two lined up, in case he/she asks you if you have any questions about the program.

About the Ads

Inquisitive

10+ Year Member
Nov 25, 2006
California
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Absolutely! You should meet with the PD to show your interest. This is a good chance to talk to the PD one on one because you might not be able to do that on your interview day. Good Luck!

DonStracci

10+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I'm in a situation that is slightly similar to yours: I'm doing an elective (on a different service) at a hospital that is on the top of my list if I stay in my area. I already interviewed, so the PD knows me somewhat. I've had some opportunities to speak with him and I was hesitant at times, thinking I was being too forward. I think it's been quite to my advantage to talk to him- today he asked me to work with him for the afternoon and it worked out well. He even asked me to work with him again later this week!

So, yes, talk to the PD!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.