• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

away elective at UCLA

missylee

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2005
    Is there anyone out there that has applied to UCLA for an away elective this year and found out if they were accepted? They were supposed to get back to us by mid-june. Now it's almost the end of June and still haven't heard anything. Made phone calls...but no one has returned any of them. Just wondering if there are other people in the same situation. Thanks.

JZZZZZZZs

7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Jan 18, 2002
    1. Post Doc
      Hi MissyLee,
      I applied to the UCLA/Cedar Sinai rotation in High Risk Obsterics and just heard from the coordinator about 1 week ago. So sit tight, I'm sure they will be getting back to you soon. Just a word of warning, you might not get the dates you requested (I didn't) since they have to schedule their own students first. Good luck! Did you apply to be at the UCLA campus? Cedars-Sinai? or Harbor-UCLA? Just curious.

mdchick

7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Jul 11, 2003
      too damn cold
        Actually as of mid-june, UCLA was still scheduling their own students so everything got pushed back and didn't even start looking at the rest of our applications until mid-june time. This has seemed to be the problem with a lot of away sites. So hang in there.

About the Ads

calot's 3angle

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Jun 11, 2004
          I emailed the student coordinator of my first choice elective today and he was able to get back to me and reconfirm the dates of my rotation and then give me an unofficial acceptance. I think this may be a special case though because the weeks for this rotation were "by arrangement"... He did say that I should get the official word from Student Affairs in a couple of weeks.

missylee

10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Jul 31, 2005
            thanks, guys!! It helps to know that they barely got started assigning their own students. I ranked 8 different rotations at UCLA campus/cedars sinai/harbor for August, so hopefully one of those will fall through. It's just killing me not to be able to know what's going on. So far I've been trying to contact the coordinator of my top pick, but since she's not getting back to me I'll try someone else. Hearing that some of you got assigned already is making me curious as to where I'll be!

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.