Away rotation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoonerDO

SoonerDO
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just finished my ERAS and was wondering the following...Is November 20th too late for an away? Have not accepted the rotation yet and was wondering if I would get any benefit out of this?

Members don't see this ad.

Just finished my ERAS and was wondering the following...Is November 20th too late for an away? Have not accepted the rotation yet and was wondering if I would get any benefit out of this?

It's too late for a letter but not too late if you're fishing for an interview. Keep in mind that the best reason to do an audition/away is to evaluate the program, less for the program to evaluate you.

BE (now PE)

yes! take it. IM programs get so many applicants that having your face/excellent clinical performance attached to our app will greatly help you. and most programs (but not all, ucsf is especially stingy on this one) offer interviews to those that have rotated there. it might be too late to get a letter out of it, but it is still an excellent opportunity to get your foot in the door of a program that you might not otherwise feel competitive enough for.