Away Rotations in November

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sestamibi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I applied for 2 away rotations in November and just happened to be accepted to both of them.

Not sure which one to go for so I figured I'd ask for some help here.

One is a small, community hospital where I don't hope to end up.

The other is a large, academic center where I do hope to end up.

The problem is, November is a rough month for me. I (stupidly) scheduled Step 2 CK and Step 2 CS during that month as my school requires that it be completed before the Thanksgiving holidays. I've also been told that a couple of radiology programs and quite a few prelim/TY programs offer interviews in November.

So on the one hand, I really want to go to the academic hospital and shine. But if I'm taking days off left and right for tests and interviews, wouldn't that really dent my chances?

Members don't see this ad.

Time to be an adult. Call the big academic program's secretary/coordinator, explain that you've got CK/CS scheduled that month, and ask if taking a day or two off will be an issue.

If it's like any radiology rotation I've seen or heard of, you'll have plenty of time to study regardless.

Or, change your date for CK, at least... You do have a three month window, unless you picked November - January, but why would you have done that if you must take it before Thanksgiving anyway?

Edit: Sorry for coming across so harsh. It's late and I can't sleep cause the AC in this apartment is dead, the humidity is 80% and I think the temp is 80 as well. I'm sweating under the fan. Ugh...

Last edited:
There are two excused days in the rotation which I plan on using for the exams.

My big problem is the interviews. I'm not sure how many will actually fall in November.

Members don't see this ad :)
that does suck, i'm in a similar spot. From what I have heard though is that you can select from a bunch of different dates for a specific program, provided you respond ASAP. So checking your email 10 times a day might do the trick :)

gd luck

that does suck, i'm in a similar spot. From what I have heard though is that you can select from a bunch of different dates for a specific program, provided you respond ASAP. So checking your email 10 times a day might do the trick :)

gd luck

Gmail should prepare to have its servers flooded :D

Guess I'll need to appropriate some of my loan money toward a smartphone