Awesome idea - potentially help a lot of people. Absolutely no reward.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NimbleNavigator

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If someone made a spreadsheet with each of the typical secondary prompts and then had the word requirement for each school in descending order.

Something like this:

Diversity Essay | 500 words (X School) | 300 words (Y School) | 200 words (Z School)

Like the title says, there's absolutely no incentive for anyone to do this. But it would help other premeds out a bunch because then you'd know which word count to start with and then you could just trim your essay down for the other schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I appreciate you guys trying to help, but I don't think you guys are getting what I mean. I know of the various threads with each individual school's secondary app essays. What I think would be helpful would be if somebody took the time to group prompts together that shared the same basic theme. Come on guys, did you even look at my example :eyebrow:

Reactions: 1 user
The point is do it yourself

Reactions: 3 users
I appreciate you guys trying to help, but I don't think you guys are getting what I mean. I know of the various threads with each individual school's secondary app essays. What I think would be helpful would be if somebody took the time to group prompts together that shared the same basic theme. Come on guys, did you even look at my example :eyebrow:
Since no one seems to understand your great idea why don't you take one for the team and do it yourself?

Good luck.

Reactions: 8 users
No point in doing this for every school; trimming it down to only those you applied to would probably take as long as compiling your personalized list in the first place.

I did it for my 20 or so schools. It doesn't take long. You can do it, too.

I have some really good ideas relating to this, but I'm holding out for an appropriate reward.

Reactions: 10 users
The point is do it yourself

My point is it would be way easier if one person just did it for everyone else.

I have some really good ideas relating to this, but I'm holding out for an appropriate reward.
LMAO perfect response

Also, seems like nobody likes this idea so I'm just gonna let this thread die :(

Last edited: