AZCOM- 2006: When do you plan to move?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhug

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious as to when you all are planning on making the move to AZ. My wife and i want to move there a bit early and get all settled in but we're not to sure on when...also, if any of you are from the SL/Provo area- we would love to have a dinner or something- try and get together before school starts!

Members don't see this ad.

I would like to move out there around July 15. I graduate (MBA)on July 13 and I want some time to relax! However, the longer I work before we move...the more money I will have. Hmmm...maybe August 1st.

I am planning to move in early August. It all depends on whether I leave my dog with my stepdad or not really (on or off campus housing).

Members don't see this ad :)
I am planning on getting settled in around mid-late july. I will be leaving my job in june and taking 6 weeks off.....I am think of taking aroad trip to the east coast or something. Anyway, I just posted on the AZCOM06 thread about off campus living. Anybody living off campus, looking for roommates? I will be down in Tempe, over New Year's for the fiesta bowl and will take a look then. I plan on making a couple of trips to Glendale this spring to look at the housing situation. Anyway, have a good holidays.

:D

I am thinking about Mid-July, but I'm not absolutely sure yet. I could continue to work, but would like a little time to relax before school starts.

All I know is it is going to be HOT moving furniture and stuff in the middle of July!!!

MAXIMUS

When I tell people here (New Orleans) that I am moving to Az. They say..oh at least it's a dry heat. These people have never had to move furniture in dry heat in July...I am not looking forward to it either.

Originally posted by Sugar72:
•When I tell people here (New Orleans) that I am moving to Az. They say..oh at least it's a dry heat. These people have never had to move furniture in dry heat in July...I am not looking forward to it either.•••

Arizona in july is most definitely not a dry heat. It's right in the beginning of monsoon season, which is our rainy season. We're talking 110 degrees with 80%+ humidity at times. It's nasty. August is worse. Although I have been told that Tucson's monsoons are stickier than Phoenix's, so I could be biased.

As for the dry heat thing... So's an oven.

When I interviewed in September it was too hot for me to swim in the outdoor pool at my hotel.
I have never been that hot in N.O. I can only imagine how miserable July must be. I did not realize that there was a monsoon season in Az. I guess I don't watch enough educational T.V.! Being hot, miserable, wet, and carrying a huge couch up a flight of stairs. I can't wait.

all I can say is midnight movin'...either that or a whole lot of tose beanbags strung together to make a couch, those would be easy to move. I am trying not to think about it. :rolleyes:

Sugar-- I LOVE your attitude!!!!