AZCOM Alternate List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mbenavidez

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I have been sentenced to WAIT! ugh! Does anyone know if there has been movement off the the alternate list at AZCOM yet? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm on the alternate list as well...havent heard anything.

Welcome to the club! :)

Careofme

Me too, *sigh*. Does anyone know if AZCOM is still interviewing? I'm not positive, but I assume that the alternate list wont move at all until they have completed all interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Fellow AZCOM waitlistees. I found out that the interviews in April were the last, and seeing as there is a second deposit due at the end of May...I'd say we're looking at June before there is any (if any) movement in the alternate list.

They are so darned nice in the admissions office!

I'm on the alternate list too. when i was at the interview, I saw in the admissions office that magic file of "accepted osteopathic" students with the files of all the accepted students. how tempting it was to try and slip my file into that slot. oh well, my friend who interviewed 4/15 got in and is declining, and im declining a wait list position so thats two more people out of your way. Wait lists are the devil's work i think. I hope it works out for all you guys.

Hey conmantlc,
I interviewed on 4/15 as well. Think I remember you and your buddy...weren't you the ones I told about TGIFriday's at BankOne Ballpark? Anyhow, thanks for the info. Hope you are really happy at the school you've chosen.

P.S. Go Giants

Bicycle, yeah, that was us..I was the redhead, my friend who got in had the blond hair. We're both goofballs and don't deserve to get in anywhere actually. But he's going to Syracuse (MD), and I'm headed to CCOM. Did you get in? Good luck.

Good for you! I'm excited to be going to TUCOM in the Fall...that is unless AZCOM calls me off the waitlist. In which case I'll be buying many pairs of shorts since AZCOM is my first choice.
I've heard great things about both CCOM and Syracuse, cograts! I only hope to run into many goofballs in school, so that I fit right in. :D

Just wanted to say hang in there, and I am withdrawing my acceptance from AZCOM. It's a great school!

*bump*
Just want to keep this thread going in case there is any more info out there!

I called the admissions office at AZCOM today and I was told that there has been no movement off the alternate list. :( May 31st is the deadline for those who were accepted, to accept or decline. So, I was told there won't be any movement until till about the 2nd of June. :rolleyes:

i too am on the waitlist at AZCOM. how many people are on the waitlist?? anyone w/a clue? i know UHS has about 30 but the AZCOM list seems much more extensive. also their letter which put me on their waitlist did not give me much hope. does anyone know their criteria for picking off their long list?? i know that they said they do not number their list so what's going on!?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone w/ anymore info? (c above please)

Wait list sucks. I don't know when they are going to rank the list. As spots open up...they start to review and choose people from the list. They could very well accept people up until the first week before school starts. uhhhgg

Nothing new to add here -- just thought I'd add corroboration to what's already been said. I, too, am on AZCOM's infamous alternate list. I spoke with the receptionist in the admissions office about a week ago. For what it's worth, I was told that probably no one, other than isolated case(s), will be contacted on the alternate list, if at all, until at least sometime in June. She also added that the alternates are not ranked (kind of surprising if they aren't at least privately ranked), and that some years they take many names off the alternate list and some years hardly any at all. She could not tell me what kind of year this has been so far. So.... For myself, I'll continue to stay bifurcated in my plans for the next couple of months -- I hope it's AZCOM (and my bags are packed), but just in case the Great Webmaster in the Sky has other ideas for me, I'm already making, and acting on, some concrete plans. Good luck to everybody!

i too am on this confusing waitlist. has anybody been rejected outright from azcom?? i'm afraid that everyone not accepted is placed on the "waitlist". just lookin for more info - thanks

OUSOONEr
I interviewed with AZCOM on 4/17 and recieved rejection two weeks later.

hey guys! this is my first post and i just wanted to let you guys know that i interviewed at azcom on 4/15, was accepted, and was given until 6/14 to get my deposit in. i am pretty sure that i will be declining azcom so that will mean some good news for those of you who are on the waitlist! just know that you guys probably will not hear from the admissions office until at least after 6/14.

thx s2000, any info is greatly appreciated, i'm sure you'll make someone very happy w/ that seat. where are you heading to? just curious

OUsooner: i think that right now i am trying to decide between CCOM and TUCOM (see post entitled "AZCOM, CCOM, or TUCOM?") i was surprised that i actually got into AZCOM because my interview was so stressful there and i didn't think i answered the questions to the best of my ability. i also did not get a very "caring" (for lack of a better word) vibe from AZCOM. the current medical students were not very friendly and neither were the interviewers or the staff/faculty that i met. ultimately, had it not been for the fact that my brother is graduated from there this year, i would not even be considering it! but, as a side note, my brother (who will be starting his psychiatry residency at University of Southern CA soon) loved AZCOM.

congrats on the acceptances s2000. i talked w/ the admissions office (*very friendly) today and the lady confirmed the date i heard here (15th of june) for the next deposit date for currently accepted students. therefore we won't here 'til after that date. also she said there are currently about 80 students on the waitlist. other info she gave: last year hardly anyone came off the list and the year before just about everyone came off the list so basically there is no telling.

Just wanted to keep this thread alive...even though there may not be any new info yet.

Waiting stinks!

i posted my latest info under the above thread: Midwestern Waitlist

More info. for all of you fellow AZCOM alternate list sufferers that I thought I'd share: Today, I spoke with the admissions director (Mr. Walters I think his name is -- a very nice guy) at AZCOM, who was kind enough to talk to me personally, so this is from the most credible source possible. I'm afraid it's bad news. He said, as of June 18th, only about 4 or 5 osteopathic applicants had not submitted their final deposit installment. So they will probably take about 4 or 5 people off of the alternate list if they have to. He also said there are about 60 people on the alternate list. Also, he said that the alternate list won't be ranked until about mid-July, and then they'll probably pick the handful of students off of the alternate list "sometime" after that. They're in no rush to rank the alternate list because they pretty much have a full class already. He concluded by saying, sorry, but it doesn't look very good for those on the alternate list. Oh, he also said a couple of years ago they took most of the people off of the alternate list, but lately, things have changed. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I thought the sooner the rest of you alternate-listers knew, the better you'd be making other plans. I suppose there is hope for the aprx. 1 out of 12 of us who gets admitted, but for the majority of us this is the end.

thx for the info, even though it does spell gloom. there is still hope for a few of us though and i would bet that maybe another 5 or 6 who have submitted that final deposit may go elsewhere. so keep up the hope, but clearly this is a time to make alternate plans if u were relying on azcom.

Thanks, that info is priceless. Might even save the admissions director the pain of repeating it to ALL of us. I agree that there is still hope for those relying on AZCOM, but for those of us who have other options it's great to know that looking for a place to live in another city is a safe bet.

Hey Everyone!
Hang on tight! A friend of mine just got off the AZCOM waitlist, so I believe that the movement off the list is starting! Good luck!

Hey guys, just some news: I interviewed 4/15, and was waitlisted. I got called today with an acceptance offer, which I declined (Im going to CCOM). So, I guess they are starting to take people off the waitlist now. Hope it works out for everyone.

Thanks Azcat and Conmantic for keeping us posted! That's encouraging to know that AZCOM is starting to take people off the alternate list. Who knows -- maybe a lot of the people on the alternate list have committed to other schools and have decided not to go to AZCOM which will leave those of us who REALLY, REALLY WANT TO go to AZCOM!!! (Wishful Thinking Depatment) If anybody hears of anything else about the alternate list, please let us know! :clap:

i interviewed on 4/15 and was accepted. i sent in my letter declining AZCOM on june 1st but apparently they never got it...which means that when i resend them my letter, there will be yet another spot opening up. i am going to email them my letter today. good luck!

*bump* Nothing new to add -- I had my weekly chat with the admissions office today at AZCOM. I hope I'm not becoming a pest to them! They couldn't tell me anything that hasn't already beeen posted in this thread. One thing though, in case anyone's curious, according to the receptionist in Admissions, your application does not get bonus points for having all of your official transcripts on file when it comes to evaluating applications for admission. However, if you are admitted, you will have to have all of your official transcripts on file before you begin school.

*Bump* Any new info since the forum was unavailable?