Azcom Anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cAMP_iscool

I LOVE U.S & A!!!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I Was Just Wondering What Anatomy Book 1st Year Med Students Use At Azcom (title, Author, Edition). I Know Most/all Anatomy Books Are Similar, But I Was Just Curious. I Will Be Starting In Fall And I Wanted To Know What To Expect. Thanks!!:hungover:

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know what textbook they're using these days, but get a Rohen's atlas no matter what. It will save you many hours of sniffing the embalming fluid.

thank you luke.. I really appreciate the help. Are you a 4th year at AZCOM?

Members don't see this ad :)
I definitely will.. Thanks a lot man

I don't go to Arizona, but all medical school students have some that they tend to stick too. Here are some:

"Atlas of Anatomy - Frank Netter MD" - this is a major one. A lot of people use this one. I hated it, but it's sooooooo popular.

Rohen, Yoshiki - Color and Photographic Atlas - this one is very good. It is a picture book of some of the best dissections I have ever seen. Very good.

Clemente - I liked it. I didn't use it, but I did go over it a few times at night whenever people just left it around in the anatomy tables.

Grants - I didn't like it. In fact for some reason I detest this thing.

Thieme - aka the "German Atlas". Good 3D and computer pictures. A little bit of an over kill though. This is the one I used and I thought it was a little too much detail. Great pictures and animations though!

Moore & Dalley - not really an "true" anatomy book, but a clinical anatomy book. I would probably get this one.

Hope this helps!

C&C

nevermind- they are 75.00 on amazon

Luke- What's up lab buddy?!! Where did you match? PM me

I agree that Rohen is an excellent resource. Netter's Atlas (as most of you probably know) is an absolute must!! Keep in mind that the library has some older versions of Rohen that you can checkout. Also, use the faculty as much as you can. They write the tests afterall:thumbup: and are pretty cool at AZCOM

I agree:
Rohen and Netter!

These two are all one needs...it isn't good to get bogged down with too many references, just "reallllllly" know the gold standards

And yes....please use your professors! The "open door policy" is soooo true, especially for the anatomy folks.