Jun 14, 2012
Status
Medical Student
Is it that time of year already? I Look forward to seeing all of you interview and take a tour on campus! Good luck!!

Dr.Pilot

2+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2015
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
What is the advantage to paying the $1000 deposit before December 15th? They mentioned something about an advantage while I was at the interview, but I don't remember.

Reactions: peship

peship

2+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2014
Status
What is the advantage to paying the $1000 deposit before December 15th? They mentioned something about an advantage while I was at the interview, but I don't remember.
+1

I'm trying to remember what was mentioned regarding this as well - does it have anything to do with availability of rotation site locations?

OP
S

Strebor14k

2+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2015
Status
Medical Student
+1

I'm trying to remember what was mentioned regarding this as well - does it have anything to do with availability of rotation site locations?
That's what I thought, but I just called and they said that even those that have paid the deposit can choose locations.... Who knows.

OP
S

Strebor14k

2+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Does anybody have a link to the 2015 residency matches? I can only find the 2014 matches.

Mavs88

5+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2013
Status
To any current AZCOM students that were taken off the alternate list (post-interview): Do you have any tips? Anything that made you stand out after the alternate list decision? Was it really May or later to hear back?

Thanks!

Dr Tony T. Chopper

Professional Whippersnapper
5+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2014
R'lyeh
Status
Medical Student
So who's ready to let 'er rip at orientation? Racquetball anybody?

Dr Tony T. Chopper

5+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2014
R'lyeh
Status
Medical Student
Hello C/O 2020. A facebook page has been set up by the very kind @Strebor14k
Please feel free to add yourselves to this group:clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

Dr Tony T. Chopper

5+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2014
R'lyeh
Status
Medical Student

cassis_Cake

2+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2015
Status
I realize you would have to go to the group tab after searching for the name, then you can see it. Requested though :)

Dr Tony T. Chopper

5+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2014
R'lyeh
Status
Medical Student
Anybody else got an email from AZCOM about the housing lottery results? They sent me one about the $412 spots and assigned me a roommate, but are now asking for a move in date.

Domingos

Account on Hold
Account on Hold
Mar 23, 2016
Do you have to buy a parking permit or is it free parking for AZCOM students?

Mar 22, 2016
I think they were in the previous couple years, but I'm not sure if it's a guarantee. I wouldn't mind being showered in gifts though :)

Dr Tony T. Chopper

5+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2014
R'lyeh
Status
Medical Student

grtsope21

2+ Year Member
Jun 1, 2016
Didn't specifically get pulled off the alternate list but I heard people getting pulled literally a few days before orientation. So keep the faith
To any current AZCOM students that were taken off the alternate list (post-interview): Do you have any tips? Anything that made you stand out after the alternate list decision? Was it really May or later to hear back?

Thanks!

Reactions: Mavs88

Shov

Jokester
7+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2011
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Wow you guys lucked out, I would have loved a free steth

CaffeineTwitch

2+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2016
Status
Medical Student
For all classes I had during M1, if you know the information on the PowerPoint slides, you're golden. I haven't gone to a single lecture this past year and I did fine.
Do you watch recordings, and if so, are they recorded reliably?