AZCOM clinical sites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BobtheDoc

Just a little pressure...
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've found various nuggets of wisdom throughout these threads on the +/- of the different AZCOM clinical sites, but not a good discussion in one place.

It seems to me that the Phoenix/Tucson sites are the largest medical centers with the most resources. For someone who doesn't plan on doing primary care or rural medicine, are those going to be the best sites to select?

(I also started this thread over in the premed area, but was hoping for some veteran feedback...)

Members don't see this ad.

I posted the facts given to us in the official thread:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=738392

It's the second post that I give the information.

I'm not a 3rd year, and most of my 3rd year information is anecdotal, which doesn't really confirm anything, so glean from this what you can and make the decision. I'll try to share more info as I get it.

You will get a good education wherever you go. I am the Tucson Regional Liaison for AZCOM. We have minimal complaint from Tucson and I haven't heard any major complaints from any of the other regions. We have a good set of preceptors in virtually all regions. Tucson has it's University Medical Center, but there are large hospitals in Phoenix as well. Go where you feel comfortable living for a year as you will be scattered about in fourth year when it really counts.

You will get a good education wherever you go. I am the Tucson Regional Liaison for AZCOM. We have minimal complaint from Tucson and I haven't heard any major complaints from any of the other regions. We have a good set of preceptors in virtually all regions. Tucson has it's University Medical Center, but there are large hospitals in Phoenix as well. Go where you feel comfortable living for a year as you will be scattered about in fourth year when it really counts.

What are the minimal complaints you do hear from the Tucson crowd?