AZCOM in april

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by prosDOstud, Nov 7, 2002.

1. prosDOstud

prosDOstud Junior Member

Hi everyone.....
    Just found out that AZCOM's last interview day until April is tomorow Nov. 8. Next set of invitations don't go out until march. .... wish I would have had my letters go out earlier; now just gotta be patient.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. gaffer

gaffer Junior Member

I hear you. My application was confirmed complete apparently mere days after all the interview slots were taken up.

alas
    gaf

4. shanet74

shanet74 Member

That seems really odd that they would not continue interviewing through November and into December, and then take the Christmas break, especially, when it says on their website that 75% of the acceptances are made by the end of December.

My secondary is in, and I'm just awaiting the rec letters to get in.

Always hard to remain patient when AZCOM is my number 1 school.

5. jennyw17

jennyw17 Senior Member

I hear you. I found out on October 30th that their last interviews were in november....without having my secondary completed. I was all psyched about maybe getting an interview before christmas....but no....no interviews until april. :(
    It sucks because (I think) a lot of others schools continue to interview all year and deposits at other schools can come due before you even have an interview.

6. shanet74

shanet74 Member

Perhaps this long wait for an interview will be a good thing, as now my last interview will be with my top choice school. Although, when I first saw the first post to this thread I was a bit distraught, I now see a bright side. Sure my patience will be tested, as I'm sure others will as well, but interviewing at one's top school last is actually a good thing as now I get the opportunity to compare AZCOM to other schools I have/will interview at. I'm just glad someone posted this so I wouldn't be sweating out the reasons as to why they didn't get back to me. Hope to see some of you in the spring here in AZ!

7. prosDOstud

prosDOstud Junior Member

I'm bummed too because AZCOM is one of my top choices if not my first. But its important to stay positive and keep your mind open.... I just interviewed at Nova and was totally impressed. I learned a lot about the school that I didn't know, as a result Nova moved up. Good luck to you all!

8. docslytherin

docslytherin Tenacious D.O.

Resident [Any Field]
    can someone possibly explain the logic of not interviewing again until april?? that doesn't make any sense to me at all... by then (hopefully) i'll have gotten in somewhere else and though AZCOM is at the top of my list, i won't give up the $2K deposit that i've already paid. it just doesn't make any sense... frustrating. it seems like they'd be filling their class with people who were rejected/waitlisted from other schools....

9. San_Juan_Sun

San_Juan_Sun Professor of Life

Resident [Any Field]
    I think that they accept a lot of people from thier fall interviews, and then count on the big deposit to keep those people at AZCOM.

Anyone know how big the class size is at AZCOM?

Good luck getting in everyone.

10. Mire

Mire Member

I heard they can go up to 150. The last class was like 145 or so. By the way San Juan Sun, where are you from? When did you interview? I interviewed on the 27th of Sept. If I don't get into my state school, I will probably go to AZCOM. I really liked it there. Maybe I will see you in the fall:clap:

11. San_Juan_Sun

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm from NM, but going to school in Utah right now. I interviewed on the 26th of Sept. Where are you from? Looking into your state MD school?

I interviewed at mine, and can honestly say that AZCOM's facilities and curriculum were better. The only thing that is bad about AZCOM is the price. But, it's good to know that your 30K in tuition is being spent on a dang nice school.

12. Mire

Mire Member

San Juan Sun,

I am originally from Pagosa Springs CO near Durango, or Chama NM. I moved to Kansas though, and I am applying to KU and UHS in Kansas City MO. If those don't come through I think AZCOM is the one. To be honest, if I didn't have a wife with a Job and familiy here I would go to AZCOM regardless. I think the school rocks. Oh yeah and then theres that tuition question. Are you going to go to your state school if you get in there, or is AZCOM it for you? All things being equal, the only reason I would go to my state MD school is the price of it.

13. San_Juan_Sun

Resident [Any Field]
    Couldn't agree more. All things being equal, AZCOM is the place. My state school won't tell me if I get in until March, so I've just kind of put it out of my mind and assume I'm going to AZCOM. If I get in there, I'll have a tough choice to make.

BTW, I'm from Farmington. Been to Pagosa many times.

14. Mire

Mire Member

Farmington eh? We used to have to drive there any time we wanted to shop. :) I went to a homecomming at farmington high school in 1993 or 94 I can' t remember. I figured you were from the area with a call sign like San Juan Sun. Anyway, good luck in getting in where you want. Maybe we will meet again in Phoenix? :cool: