kota315

drive fast, take chances!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Romulus, Michigan
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Well, to be honest, there is always hope.....

What was your "slightly below avg." MCAT? your grades are good enough, did you apply early enough? I had a slightly lower gpa, and a decent MCAT and will be making the trip to LECOM this fall....so if I can do it, so can you!

kota315

drive fast, take chances!
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2005
Romulus, Michigan
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm with the DOrk.....if you check the stat's for LECOM the avg MCAT is 23, with an avg sci GPA of 3.0 and over 2.7.....or something similar. Experience counts on a DO application, they like to see life experience.

jhug

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2001
Valley o' the sun
Visit site
Status
the interview at azcom is semi-blind, which means they don't have your grades/mcat, but still look over your personal statement/experiences/lor's. They were the first to ask me stuff straight from what i had written (it actually felt worth the time, effort, and editing:))
If you can break that first barrier you have a great shot!
DO schools in general seem to look more at the overall applicant too...
let us know how it goes...

Amy B

I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2000
Virginia
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hi,
Older folks at VCOM are welcome. If they weren't,this 38 year old wouldn't be there now. :cool:

Good luck. If you get an interview at VCOM, just relax and be yourslef. There is pressure as with all interviews, but they are very nice and make you feel at home.
:luck:

Let me know if you have any questions about VCOM.

DRealDrZ

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2004
Visit site
Status
I am currently a 4th year...but got into DO school with 9's MCAT and 3.2 overall GPA and 3.0 Science, so you're fine as long as you send the apps in NOW. Also, good friend of mine is school started when he was 44...so he will be 48 when we graduate in a couple of months.