1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

AZCOM or TUCOM?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by alisha75, Nov 5, 2002.

1. alisha75

alisha75 Member
    10+ Year Member

I've been accepted at both AZCOM and TUCOM and I don't know what to do. I like both schools, but for different reasons. I like AZCOM because of the area, the housing, the facilities, the technology, the weather, and the electives that they offer. I like TUCOM because of San Fran, of the diversity, the high match rate and board exam pass rate, the fact that I have family and friends close by, and because it is in Cali (I live in So Cal). But, TUCOM wants 2000 right away! It is so much money and what if I get accepted somewhere else? I have upcoming interviews at 3 other schools so far. But, I want to accept one of the great schools just in case, you know? Any thoughts?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. alisha75

alisha75 Member
    10+ Year Member

but does anyone think that it is worth it to put down a ton of money that may be a waste? especially when money is kinda tight? I want to say yes to TUCOM but if I get into another school I like, like UCLA/DREW or Eastern Virginia Medical School, I may say yes to them too. sigh...

4. San_Juan_Sun

San_Juan_Sun Professor of Life
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Just FYI- AZCOM has great board pass rates and residency placements as well.

You're probably not going to go wrong at either school. But, it seems like other than the deposit you really want TUCOM. If you got a better vibe from TUCOM, go with your gut instinct, and hit up a rich uncle for the deposit.

Best of luck to you.

5. jhug

jhug 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

here was an interesting post ---http://www.hsc.unt.edu/organizations/msga/documents/Maylink.pdf

there are board scores a few pages down. These scores don't help us pass any easier but maybe they do show how well the school is preparing its students. AZCOM was a simple choice to me. TOURO is a school with great potential-- but, IMHO, i don't want potential-- i want what is already established and going. There are many wonderful people at touro, they will graduate many great physicians-- it just wasn't the place for me. The facilities don't compare, imo, the curriculum didn't seem consistant, the rotations didn't seem quite solidified, agian imo. All in all, for me, azcom was the better choice. The two schools have been in existence for almost the same amount of time and i was quite suprised at how much more developed azcom was-- it is probably because of midwestern-chicago (CCOM) is the "mother" school. But it all really boils down to how you felt at each school. I knew that azcom is where i wanted to go for my medical school education b/c everything just felt right about it.
    As for the $1000, it is a big donation to touro if you decide not to go-- congrats and good luck!