AZCOM Rotations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jon

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at AZCOM and was very impressed with just about everything about the school. I'm interested in going there, however, I don't remember what they told us about the 3rd and 4th year rotations there. Are there opportunites to do rotations in the Phoenix area or do most of the students go out of state? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at AZCOM, and --like you--I was thoroughly impressed. I was happy to be accepted there into the 2000 entering class. In regards to your question--yes, AZCOM has rotations in the Pheonix area hospitals. This is what caused Univ. of AZ Sch. of Med. to fret about AZCOM's emergence (since this would elimniate UA's monopoly). This "enmity" has been dealt with--according to AZCOM--in a series of talks with UA.

From what they described about their rotations, their program sounds quite impressive.
Why don't you call the University and ask them?
Are you going there for sure, Mr. Bond? I have been accepted there and am deciding whether to cancel my Nova interview or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, Nav:
I am heading off to AZCOM. I also have an interview scheduled for NOVA on 11/15. NOVA seems to be a great place--but what puts me off is that "dress code." I hope I don't sound shallow . . . but I have done that, seen that all my life--and I want a change.
I don't know Nav . . . should I cancel NOVA's interview (save on some needed cash) and set my eyes on AZCOM. What do you think? they are both good schools w/ early hands-on medical exposure for first years.

Hello Nav and JB,
I saw both of your posts about acceptances to AZCOM and would like to know when you interviewed and how long it took them to reply with your acceptances.
Personally, I would take the time to look at NOVA. Interviewing is a great experience, and you might surprise yourself and fall in love with the place. My friend almost did that but was SOOO glad he went anyways. Besides, assuming you don't live there, wouldn't it be great to see Ft. Lauderdale??

------------------
From one thing learn 10,000 things..
-Miyamoto Musashi

I interviewd on 10/4, and received an acceptance letter on 10/16.
I spent a summer semester at University of Miami in 1996. Miami was too crazy for me; I shadowed 3 physicians at Jackson Memorial in downtown Miami--and the things I saw were blood-chilling. Victims of gunshot wounds, stab wounds, suicides, murders, drugs etc were the norm for us to see. If Miami is like Ft. Lauderdale (not forgetting the hurricanes that breeze through that place too), then Glendale, AZ, poses a better choice. Actually, I was close to traveling to Ft. Lauderdale (I should have!). Maybe I should go there . . . I will see, and I will you folks know.

I interviewed at AZCOM on 09/28 and received my acceptance 3 weeks later (they made me wait, usually you find out with 2 weeks).
They interview 360 people for 120 seats I think, so you got to apply really early.

I think I will be going to Nova's interview. It is snowing here, so Ft. Lauderdale would be a nice change. With that whole dress code thing at Nova, I think it's a good idea. Kind of the opposite of AZCOM, though, everybody there was in shorts. I'll be there on the 12th, I'll let you know if there are any tough questions.

Hey,
I heard that two other D.O. schools are doing rotations in Phoenix. KCOM was one I think. That puts AZCOM on the bottom of the pecking order for rotations opportunities. AZCOM makes it sound like it's no problem. Students from other schools make it out to be a mess, but I want to hear what AZCOM students think. Anyone?

------------------
AZCOM
-class of '04