AZCOM, TUCOM, OR COMP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

PV1

Just curious which school you would choose and why (curriculum, location, etc). Thanks for any opinions!

Pritbir

Members don't see this ad.

I have interviewed at COMP and had an interview at TUCOM, but I turned down the TUCOM interview because I didn't feel comfortable with going to a school that had no record. From the five schools I interviewed at, I'm probably going to COMP because they have a pretty good record of placing thier students in good residencies, and I am from California. You also get the opportunity to interact with non medical students, which is fun(they have a PA, PT, PharmD, and soon to be vet school). If I were you, I'd go to COMP because AZCOM and TUCOM are just too new. Some view that as a good thing, but residency directors want to know the quality of students produced and a new school dosn't have a record to go on.

Great thanks for your help TNT. maybe i'll see ya there next year! i think it'll be really close between COMP and AZCOM. Just curious where you got your info. about residency programs to which COMP students were selected. I could not find anything on this. Hopefully I can make up my mind soon! Goodluck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
AZCOM is state supported no? COMP is private and funds are quite limited.

I was just wondering if you ever received an answer to your question? I would also like to know here to find a list of schools and their success in getting students into good residencies?

AZCOM is very much a private school, as is COMP. As far as residencies go, COMP has been around for decades. In previous years COMP has been the number one DO school in producing primary care doctors.