azcom vs dmu vs western pomona vs pcom vs touro ca vs kansas city

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pandemicpremed97

Reaction score
I am interviewing w or am accepted at or waitlisted at these schools and wanted to know how they rank. Thanks!

Also, would it ever be smart to choose a top do school over a lower tier md school? Or is md always better?

Members don't see this ad.

There is no such thing as a "top DO school." I suppose there may be some DO schools that have there act together more than some MD schools, but the simple fact is having an MD will open up far more doors for you than a DO, even if it's literally the single worst MD school in the country (Caribbean excluded).
I did an SMP at Western Pomona, took a class with the med students and was taught by the professors. I was thoroughly unimpressed. Pomona is a crap area too, though I suppose being relatively close to LA was nice. You wouldn't have much time to enjoy it tho.

PCOM. Not close. Reason is they have residencies. The rest don't really.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There is no such thing as a "top DO school." I suppose there may be some DO schools that have there act together more than some MD schools, but the simple fact is having an MD will open up far more doors for you than a DO, even if it's literally the single worst MD school in the country (Caribbean excluded).
I did an SMP at Western Pomona, took a class with the med students and was taught by the professors. I was thoroughly unimpressed. Pomona is a crap area too, though I suppose being relatively close to LA was nice. You wouldn't have much time to enjoy it tho.
Thank you. What are you specially referencing when you say md opens more doors?