AZCOM

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by codeguy, Jun 2, 2001.

1. codeguy

codeguy Member

I am aware that AZCOM is a relatively new school. I would love to hear feedback from those attending on the schools facilities, training, professor's, etc?

Thanks!

DO++ :cool:

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Aloha Kid

Aloha Kid Senior Member

check out the posting AZCOM class of 2005. If you did already, try checking out interviewfeedback.com. Look under interviews for AZCOM.

When I was applying I had the same apprehensions that AZCOM was new and not well established. But to make a long story short, AZCOM really impressed me so I'm headed there. Give it a chance. :)

4. JoeDoc

JoeDoc Member

I'm currently a 4th year student at AZCOM and I can't say that I have any regrets about attending. It's true that the school is new but they've come a long way in a short time. They were given full accreditation last year and 123/124 in my class passed the boards part 1, so the school must be doing something right.

By the way, I've done quite a few out of state rotations at this point and I'd have to say that med students everywhere, DO and MD, seem to be pretty much on par regarding general medical knowledge. Prestiege aside, I think it's not so much where you go to school as how much effort you put into the program.

5. muonwhiz

muonwhiz Senior Member

I'm headed to AZCOM this fall also. A couple of things were very attractive to me: one, the school is new and is still establishing its reputation. That gives all of the students a real chance to establish that rep by our actions. That could be a unsettling thought for many, but I find it a challenge. Two, the school is new and is still establishing its policies. That gives the students an additional opportunity to interact with the university to do so. When I interviewed, one of the administrators speaking to our group said that things can happen much more quickly at AZCOM for beneficial change than at other places. The facilities are also new and the people are friendly. Give this school serious consideration if you are applying.

6. codeguy

codeguy Member

Thanks for the feedback. I am headed there in late August to check out the school. I have a friend from KCOM who is going to be doing his 3rd year in Arizona so we are going to check out the school then hit Vegas$$$$.

:cool:

7. Eric714

Eric714 Senior Member
    Physician

Attending Physician
    I'm a COMP student and had visited AZCOM to help out with the sports physicals in Phoenix. i was impressed by the facilities & the students while I was there. I love the way everything was new and the fact that you can live on campus. Everyone was really friendly and know how to have a good time! So i have nothing but good things to say about AZCOM.

-Eric
    MSII, COMP