AZCOMers: How did you determine how much $$$ to ask for?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Inquiringmind24

"The fact man"
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
...And some more questions for current AZCOMers:

I'm working on the financial aid packet and am trying to fill out the living expenses worksheet. It seems difficult to predict how much to request for financial aid when I'm not sure what insurance costs, car registration, and various other living expenses might be. Did most of you request a couple thousand dollars extra just in case? And in addition to borrowing the maximum amount of stafford loans, what are other loans you would suggest taking out? I must say, doing this finaid stuff is harder than I thought!

Thanks,

Matt

Members don't see this ad.

Inquiringmind24 said:
...And some more questions for current AZCOMers:

I'm working on the financial aid packet and am trying to fill out the living expenses worksheet. It seems difficult to predict how much to request for financial aid when I'm not sure what insurance costs, car registration, and various other living expenses might be. Did most of you request a couple thousand dollars extra just in case? And in addition to borrowing the maximum amount of stafford loans, what are other loans you would suggest taking out? I must say, doing this finaid stuff is harder than I thought!

Thanks,

Matt

Ask for the max you can get or think you need, and return the rest if you don't need it.