AZPOD class of 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted949200

Surprised no one has created a thread yet! I would like to start a Facebook group, but at least need one other person before creating it!
Let me know if you'll be attending AzPOD next year so we can make a community!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Surprised no one has created a thread yet! I would like to start a Facebook group, but at least need one other person before creating it!
Yes! Thanks for starting this thread!

Reactions: 1 user
Yes! Thanks for starting this thread!

Hi! For some reason it won’t let me PM you. In order to start a Facebook group I need to add one other person when I create it! I think you might be private and that’s why I can’t PM!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I will be attending this year! Were you ever able to make a group?

Hey I'm interested in azpod gonna apply next year, is there mandatory attendance? Also scholarships? And could you guys talk about what made you wanna go to azpod? Thank!

Congratulations to all of you on your acceptance!! If you have any questions, DM me! Current 2nd year student at AZpod.

@Packers4lifeDPM Hey I'm interested in azpod gonna apply next year, is there mandatory attendance? Also scholarships? And could you guys talk about what made you wanna go to azpod? Thank!

There are no mandatory attendance besides the first class of the first week of each quarter. You are required to go to the podiatry specific classes. Most classes are recorded. There are no scholarship directly from the school. And I chose here because of the great reputation it has, board pass rates, and during my interview I felt like this would be the best fit for me. There are other reasons why I chose here but its finals week and I don't have much time to post. If ur interested I a more detailed answer DM me and we can chat.

Sorry I'm slow responding! I searched Facebook for AZPod class of 2023 and it looks like the admissions team has already created a group for us. Let me know if you find the same!

Sorry I'm slow responding! I searched Facebook for AZPod class of 2023 and it looks like the admissions team has already created a group for us. Let me know if you find the same!

I couldn’t find it?

I will also be addending AZPOD this fall was a Facebook group ever made? Also anyone know if I should apply for an on-campus apartment or look for off-campus housing?

I wasn’t able to make one because I need someone to co-make the group with me

when would be too late to apply to this school? also i have a few questions reegarding the living situation so if i could DM someone i'd appreciate it

Members don't see this ad :)
There are still spots open for next year. So you could still apply.

Agreed. Can’t argue with your logic. It truly is about fit.

I also know you, but won’t address you by name. You are a good student and enthusiastic about the program.

From my personal experience at MWU, I find it to be underwhelming and it isn’t nearly as advantageous as the school would try and make you believe.

Best to you.

What aspects would you say aren't as advantageous for us? You can dm me if you would rather discuss this non-publically. Honestly curious as to your opinion on areas that you feel need improvement and why.

Agreed. Can’t argue with your logic. It truly is about fit.

I also know you, but won’t address you by name. You are a good student and enthusiastic about the program.

From my personal experience at MWU, I find it to be underwhelming and it isn’t nearly as advantageous as the school would try and make you believe.

Best to you.

Would you please elaborate on this? Without specific examples, there is no way for incoming students to know whether or not what you are saying holds any weight for them. Additionally, without any arguments to dispute, students, such as myself, who thoroughly enjoy Midwestern’s program can’t offer their own opinions which may help these students make their own decision.

I mean this in the least inflammatory way possible, but without specific contributions about the program itself, it is hard to determine whether you dislike the program because it is a bad program or you dislike the program because of your personal experience with this program (which varies drastically from person to person).

Reactions: 2 users
Would you please elaborate on this? Without specific examples, there is no way for incoming students to know whether or not what you are saying holds any weight for them. Additionally, without any arguments to dispute, students, such as myself, who thoroughly enjoy Midwestern’s program can’t offer their own opinions which may help these students make their own decision.

I mean this in the least inflammatory way possible, but without specific contributions about the program itself, it is hard to determine whether you dislike the program because it is a bad program or you dislike the program because of your personal experience with this program (which varies drastically from person to person).
Thank you for addressing these comments. I'm not a current student but will be starting this July. I must admit when I first read them my heart sank a bit. I had only ever heard good things about Midwestern and felt so at home during my interview. I truly felt that the staff wholeheartedly care and love what they do. The current students I met were more than helpful and answered my many questions about what it's really like. What I'm getting at is that I hope everyone else that has been accepted will take these comments with a grain of salt. This is someone that goes to Midwestern and claims that Scholl and DMU are the best without having attended either school. I understand having issues with a program. No school is perfect. However, without more specific complaints that affect the rest of us, this opinion doesn't carry much weight.

Hello everyone, I am currently on the waitlist for AZPOD. I am just wondering if any of you know what the waitlist movement looks like now?
Thanks!

Hello everyone, I am currently on the waitlist for AZPOD. I am just wondering if any of you know what the waitlist movement looks like now?
Thanks!
I feel like whoever called you to tell you that you were on the waitlist should have also let you know how many people are ahead of you or if the class is full. Being part of the class I’m still unsure if it’s full or not; however I do know that it is uber close to being full and movement is minimal. But what do I know? I just know I would want any answer at this point because I was in your situation before. ‍♂️

I am just wondering if we are required to purchase a stethoscope as a podiatry student at AZPOD?

Thanks!

I’m also on the alternate list for AZPOD. Not sure if they update you when the class is officially full.

But when they called me the lady told me I was high on the alternate list but this was in March when I had my interview. Idk if there has been any movement or not

I’m also on the alternate list for AZPOD. Not sure if they update you when the class is officially full.
We recently got an email from MWU to confirm our seats. If you are on the top of the list, you may get a call as people drop all the time. Have you been accepted else where ?

We recently got an email from MWU to confirm our seats. If you are on the top of the list, you may get a call as people drop all the time. Have you been accepted else where ?

Oh wow I didn’t know that. I guess people from the alternate list should be notified somewhat soon! Yes I got accepted to Barry, Scholls, DMU, western, and Samuel Merritt. All with scholarships. I’m narrowed down between Scholls and western. With that being said, midwestern is my top school. But Scholls and western are also amazing schools that really stood out to me

Oh wow I didn’t know that. I guess people from the alternate list should be notified somewhat soon! Yes I got accepted to Barry, Scholls, DMU, western, and Samuel Merritt. All with scholarships. I’m narrowed down between Scholls and western. With that being said, midwestern is my top school. But Scholls and western are also amazing schools that really stood out to me

Scholl. Not Scholls.

Oh wow I didn’t know that. I guess people from the alternate list should be notified somewhat soon! Yes I got accepted to Barry, Scholls, DMU, western, and Samuel Merritt. All with scholarships. I’m narrowed down between Scholls and western. With that being said, Midwestern is my top school. But Scholls and western are also amazing schools that really stood out to me
Congrats! You have many options to choose from. Both Scholl and Western are great as well. With that being said, you can always call and let Jen, the admission counselor at MWU knows that you would like to attend MWU. It may help to boost your chance.

Scholl. Not Scholls.
F63779FC-61B7-40C5-9FB0-0FF537412F07.jpeg

Definitely Scholls.:laugh:

Reactions: 2 users
Go to DMU over AZPOD. You’ll be saving around 5k/year for a roughly similar DO education.

Go to DMU over AZPOD. You’ll be saving around 5k/year for a roughly similar DO education.

All in all, the total is roughly the same once you include everything. AZPod’s cost summary includes literally everything, whereas many other schools don’t include all costs (I don’t remember if that’s the case for DMU).

Although I go to MWU now, I used to live in Des Moines. The two settings are very different. DM is definitely cheaper as far as cost of living. But considering the locations of the other schools, Phoenix is the second least expensive.

At the end of the day, the difference between the two will be a drop in the bucket. Go where ever you feel most comfortable/interested in exploring (a little late to the party, I know, but for future references).

Wow, what's up with the trolls on this AZ Pod page lol? AZ is warm and Iowa is desolate and cold, done, decision made.

• Haha
Why should I apply here? Pros and Cons?
Boards pass rate. Great weather. So much activities to do and then on top of that one of the best educations you can get for podiatry school with being completely integrated with the DO students. But be ready to study if you come here because it’s not for the lazy.

Reactions: 1 users