AZPOD vs KSUCPM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Laramie

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am having the hardest time right now making a final decision (I have until Tuesday the 8th). AZ was my top school when I applied. I got an e-mail saying that my application was on hold and they would reach out to me. I then interviewed at DMU and Kent State in October 2017 and I fell in love with Kent State - it was a no brainer for me to choose Kent over DMU (even throuhg DMU has better stats and offered me a better scholarship). Fast forward to March and AZ finally reached out to me and offered an interview. I was going on vacation there anyways, so I figured why not. I didn't think they would offer me a spot - so I went to the interview and then got accepted. Now I don't know what to choose - I was more comfortable at Kent State and I feel that they offer more for students in regards to extracurricular and activities and I feel like they weren't as stressed with school. But my interview at AZ was also positive and they have scores and a class size that I feel is really hard to pass up. I mean in the end the stats are more important than the outside environment as the stats are what you need to be a doctor, right?! I feel like this is a brain vs heart decision for me and any advice/opinions/your story/why you picked where you did would be so great to hear. Thanks a million!

Members don't see this ad.

It sounds like you want to attend Kent State. Have you considered the cost difference between the two? That difference might help.
Stats are important but attend one where you feel more comfortable at.

Reactions: 1 user
Go with your gut.

If you have the academic chops, you will do fine in either program-- meaning those stats that you mention of placement, board exams-- are a lot more dependent on you than you think.

So with placement stats and board pass rates null (assuming you are a normal human being willing to put in the work)-- which school do you feel happier at?

You cannot put a statistic or number on happiness and emotional well being. Do not regret it later when you realize you picked a school based off of numbers and not your intuition.

Hey guys,

I mean in the end the stats are more important than the outside environment as the stats are what you need to be a doctor, right?! I feel like this is a brain vs heart decision for me and any advice/opinions/your story/why you picked where you did would be so great to hear. Thanks a million!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was in the same situation.. between AzPod and DMU. Although DMU was cheaper and an excellent program (from what I could tell) I still chose AzPod. I had a feeling that I would thrive better in Arizona and that they’d treat me more like family I guess. What I’m saying is that you should go with your gut. You’ll be successful in either program. Good Luck!

Reactions: 2 users
I was in a similar situation between what school to pick. Ultimately I chose AZpod due to their great academics, residency placements, and consistent high board scores. Your first thought should be preparing yourself to get the best residency possible which means getting the best education possible. If I had to do it again I would still choose AZpod. If you have any personal questions you can P.M. me. Just finishing up my first year!! 1 exam to go!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Also, there is so much to do in this area including school extracurriculars. If there is an interest you have, this area has something for it!

I would go with AZPOD. I interviewed both places, and I was surprised how much I liked Kent, but at the end of the day, they didn’t have the board pass rates and residency placement I was looking for (around 80%)?

Plus, tuition and cost was about the same.

PM me if you have more specific questions.

Hey thanks a bunch friends ! I really appreciate it. After a very stressful two weeks of debating, comparing ,speaking with others , and living off of my pros and cons listlist I FINALLY made a decision. I will be attending AZ Pod to take me on this journey :)

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats on your decision! Arizona is awesome, you’ll love it. I have friends in the dental, PA, and Podiatry programs at midwestern and they are having/had great experiences there.