B/D Program and When is considered early?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

appleluver7

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two separate questions, posting on one to avoid cluttering the threads.

First, does anyone know when the Brown-Dartmouth program is dissolving? Is this the last year? Or can people apply next year too? I was under the impression that the program was going to be dissolving soon...

Second, what is the latest that is still considered "early" to submit primaries? If you submit primary by September 1 is that considered "late"? Or is that still generally early? I know a lot of people submit primaries by June 15, but if you can't get it in until September 1st, are your chances a lot lower?

Members don't see this ad.

appleluver7 said:
Two separate questions, posting on one to avoid cluttering the threads.

First, does anyone know when the Brown-Dartmouth program is dissolving? Is this the last year? Or can people apply next year too? I was under the impression that the program was going to be dissolving soon...

Second, what is the latest that is still considered "early" to submit primaries? If you submit primary by September 1 is that considered "late"? Or is that still generally early? I know a lot of people submit primaries by June 15, but if you can't get it in until September 1st, are your chances a lot lower?

Don't know about the first question. As for the second, I would consider Sept 1 kinda late. But as far as your chances, they depend more on your stats and how good your application is. I've heard of people getting into decent schools when applying that late, but if you're a borderline candidate like I was last year, I think you're going to have a lower chance because of the many other qualified applicants who got their stuff in earlier. But this is just my opinion I suppose.