B+ in A&P...is there still a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RLMarino87

Reaction score
Applying to a PTA program, held a 4.0 for a year and then bombed a final I now have a B+ in A&P and while it’s not terrible, my GPA is going to drop. I’m applying to a PTA program in the fall but I’m worried. I already have my bachelors of science for kinesiology and have years of career experience. Do you think i still have a chance? Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes of course you do! My question tho is with such a good GPA and with a BS degree why not apply for a DPT program?

Reactions: 1 user
Honestly? Too expensive ☹️ PTA is a two year program offered at a community college. I already have student loans from my undergrad and tacking on the expense of a DPT program would put me in debt until I was 70!

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly? Too expensive ☹️ PTA is a two year program offered at a community college. I already have student loans from my undergrad and tacking on the expense of a DPT program would put me in debt until I was 70!

I totally get that. PT school is for sure not cheap. There are some decently cheap schools tho depending on where you live and programs like the Health specialty loan forgiveness will clear the dept or working for the VA. I understand tho its a lot to take on if you do not have a 100% do or die passion for the field but its only 1 more year for a doctorate degree along with the ability to do your own diagnosing and have the ability to open your own practice in the future. I do not think you will have any issues getting into PTA school so don't worry.

I totally get that. PT school is for sure not cheap. There are some decently cheap schools tho depending on where you live and programs like the Health specialty loan forgiveness will clear the dept or working for the VA. I understand tho its a lot to take on if you do not have a 100% do or die passion for the field but its only 1 more year for a doctorate degree along with the ability to do your own diagnosing and have the ability to open your own practice in the future. I do not think you will have any issues getting into PTA school so don't worry.

Thanks for the feedback! I will definitely consider PT a little more because the benefits would make it worth it, but I live in North Carolina and not only are programs expensive but UNC and Duke are wicked competitive!

I would not worry about the B+ in A&P, it's a difficult class and I got into all the DPT programs I applied to with a B in A&P so I know you can do it! PT school is expensive, but look into out of state schools too (if Duke and UNC aren't commuting schools for you) because there are out of state places that are less expensive and have a low cost of living!