[b]paid Research Position[/b]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drteeth

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So Im posting this on behalf of my girlfriend who is in the transition phase between undergrad and med school. I am moving to NYC probably over the summer, and she wants to move there with me and obtain a paid research position. She has an interest in cancer and has previous research experience in that field and she has a strong GPA with a fairly extensive science background. However, we are having trouble finding a position at a university or other organization that she can obtain a paid research position at. It must be paid due to the expenses of living in NYC... If anyone has ANY advice, suggestions, or recommendations about how she can go about finding a paid research position in NYC it would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!!!!

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Can't help you...but I found it funny that the word "paid" appears 6 times on this page. :) So what you're saying is she won't work pro-bono?

Actually, I do have a suggestion: how about contacting hospitals in the area, and seeing if she could get something through them? Or how about working through her undergrad, and seeing if it has any tethers to the city? Things like that sound like good places to start.

However, I'm a bit curious as to why this has to be a research position. She's already *in* med school, no? If it's just for summer, excuse my nonchalance, but what's the big deal about scoring a research position during the transition from ugrad to m.s?

Filling out applications for Research Tech, or Lab Assistant positions at some of the many medical schools in New york would be a good place to start. Schools are always in need of a tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.