B.S. Neuroscience pre-med OSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1038633

Hey everyone!

I am a senior in highschool that is 1 month away from graduating and I got into Ohio State University for a B.S. in neurosciences as my pre-med track. I was wondering if anyone had knowledge on OSU's neuroscience program or simply their pre-med track and how well would I be prepared for the time of applications for med schools in 4 years and whether it's worth it or not, etc.

Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

Your undergraduate institution actually matters very little in the whole application process. OSU is a great school, but like any school, there are graduates who are highly competitive med school applicants and some who fall miles short. Things that matter most in this process are GPA/MCAT score, extra-curricular activities, and letters of recommendation. You’d be shocked at how personal MCAT prep is too. I think classes gave me a solid foundation, but my first (diagnostic) practice exam score was still only a 492 (horrendous). After 8 months of studying and practicing with a test prep company, I scored a 515. That score isn't anything crazy, but it got me into multiple MD programs. My point is most undergrad schools will do fine work to prepare you, but most of your med-school preparedness will be demonstrated through your own effort.