[B]Should I Freak out?[/B]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fizzbot

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I Freak out? ok im kinda getting worried, i interviewed with MCG in october and have yet to hear anything, i keep pestering their office but they can tell me nothing, are all state schools slow? is MCG generally slow? or am i screwed? please tell me something, i have gotten into emory and now i worry mcg knows this and is going to deny me (but i realize now i have no chance in hell of affording emory)

31 mcat, 3.6 gpa, top ten liberal arts school,

any help is loved,

Members don't see this ad.

I am a 4th year at MCG, so my knowledge of the admissions process is 4 years old. So your interview was in October. The committee doesn't even meet for the first time until after Thanksgiving. The first round of acceptances go out around the first week of December (when I got mine). They might meet once more until Christmas break. It's only 2 weeks into January, so they have maybe met 3 times. They have to go thru all the people who interviewed before you. For all we know, they could have accepted you last week, and the letter is on the way. I wouldn't stress it much, i mean you got in to Emory so you obviously have something going for you. And BTW, you are making a good choice about where to go to school in GA, MCG is great. You can do whatever residency, wherever you want if you put the work in.

PS-If you desperately want to know your status...then call. They might tell you over the phone.
Good luck, PM me with anymore questions.