SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

ba/MD

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Sammy, May 11, 2000.

1. Sammy

Sammy New Member

May 10, 2000
    New York
    hI! I am a high school student with a 3.8 out of 4.0 GPA and 1510 SAT I's. I am also on the Varsity Tennis team, student council, and am treasurer of my grade. How difficult would it be to get into BA/MD programs? Is it as hard as they say it is? Do I have any chance at all? Which programs do you suggest I apply to? Awaiting your responses

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. lumanyika

lumanyika Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Apr 11, 2000
    Kansas City
    Sammy,
    By the looks of your grades and extra curriculars,I'd say that you have a good chance of entering the BA/MD program.Which state are you in? Most of these programs target state residents with your caliber.You also have to find out the kind of academic/curriculum intergration the school provides in order not to overload yourself. [​IMG] Good luck in your endevoures

------------------
    TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN,MUCH IS EXPECTED.

4. Sammy

Sammy New Member

May 10, 2000
    New York
    I am in New York State and have a high school GPA of 3.8 unweighted, I also have an abundant amount of volunteer experience. THanks for responding.

5. Programmer

Programmer New Member

May 16, 2000
    Check out www.acceleratedmed.com. This is a site devoted to BA/MD programs and they have an awesome book out, "From High School to Med. School" that will answer all your questions. This is a book I wish I had when I applied to programs.

6. Robb1818

Robb1818 Member 10+ Year Member

Jan 30, 2000
    Is this "sammy" who's eagerly awaited at RPCI?