BA or BS in zoology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bertman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was planning on graduating with a BA in zoology as opposed to a BS in zoology. Will this make a difference towards my application to dental school, or possibly specialty school in the future? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I highly doubt that they would make any distinction between a BS and a BA in Zoology. As the schools say, they don't care what your major is, as long as you do well in school and have a strong science background.

Your school has a "BA" in Zoology? How is that different than the BS (I'm being serious here)?? I thought BA's were given for the "Arts"...English, History, Business, etc & BS's (Ha!) for science.

The BS just involves a few extra core requirements in zoology courses. I think it's about 3 classes extra, or something like that. It's pretty much the same.
Originally posted by Cobragirl:
Your school has a "BA" in Zoology? How is that different than the BS (I'm being serious here)?? I thought BA's were given for the "Arts"...English, History, Business, etc & BS's (Ha!) for science.