"Baby Rosen's" vs "Baby Tintinalli"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osin83

Strung Out
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im writing for opinions on two texts. I'm an EM intern and I'm looking to pick up either Emergency Medicine: Just the Facts (Baby Tintinalli) or Emergency Medicine Handbook: Critical Concepts for Clinical Practice (Baby Rosen's) to carry in my book bag for high-yield downtime reading. I'm aware both are way too big to fit in a white coat pocket, but I'm also not willing to lug around my full-size copy of Tintinalli.

I'm aware that both are older texts, 2004 and 2006, but, I don't really see anything else out there that fits the need. I read through either my hard copy or online editions of tintinalli and rosen's for in depth coverage of topics. I really have a hard time reading it for long periods of time, however.

I was able to browse through a senior resident's copy of Just the Facts, and it seems decent. She had nothing but praises about it. My library doesnt have the baby rosen's and I dont know anyone in my program that has used it. Any feedback on either, or other suggestions, would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I'll put a plug in here for the black 'AAEM' book. You can get it from their website for around 50 bucks. I think its great...

For random reading, I go for the net since there is a computer nearly everywhere in the hospital (or your phone). I REALLY like emedicine since its free and I can easily google a topic on it and read it over and trust it. I probably visit that site almost daily while working...

+1 for emedicine. Use it several times weekly at work, especially for the uncommon stuff or the multiply allergic patient for abx choices

Members don't see this ad :)
I also use emedicine multiple times per shift, as well as on my phone regularly. However, i'm looking for an actual book that's high yield and I can read cover to cover. As much as I like the internet as a resource I feel like I learn better from reading texts. I can't spend more than 10 mins reading online versions of tintinalli or rosen's. I'll look into the AAEM book, thanks for the suggestion.

I'll put a plug in here for the black 'AAEM' book. You can get it from their website for around 50 bucks. I think its great...

For random reading, I go for the net since there is a computer nearly everywhere in the hospital (or your phone). I REALLY like emedicine since its free and I can easily google a topic on it and read it over and trust it. I probably visit that site almost daily while working...

Hi EMRebuilder! :) Was wondering how the AAEM book is formatted.. is it like bullet points outline form or actual paragraphs? And does it have a lot of images? I really dislike reading from textbooks (I like podcasts and internet sources) but I also feel like I need a high yield textbook to stay on track with core curriculum. Thanks!!