Bachelor degree in pharmacy outside USA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xiomara

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am a pharmacist from Dominican Republic, but my program is 4 years, so I can not get my pharmacist certification to work in USA. I am thinking to apply to an university in USA, I would like temple cause I live in PA now, but I dont really want to start from zero. I am not sure if they accept credits from others universities (outside USA) I will appreciate any information or help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am a pharmacist from Dominican Republic, but my program is 4 years, so I can not get my pharmacist certification to work in USA. I am thinking to apply to an university in USA, I would like temple cause I live in PA now, but I dont really want to start from zero. I am not sure if they accept credits from others universities (outside USA) I will appreciate any information or help.

Are you a US citizen, permanent resident or are you on some sort of temporary visa? Your options depend on your legal status

Are you a US citizen, permanent resident or are you on some sort of temporary visa? Your options depend on your legal status

I am a permanent resident

If you're a permanent resident then your chances are as good as those of a US citizen. Since you already have a BS in Pharmacy your best option is to apply to an international program, which some Colleges of Pharmacy offer. They consist basically of 2.5 years of coursework and rotations. But the seats number is small. You shouldn't get confused with the Post Bacc. Program because those are for BS in Pharmacy practicioners in the US.

This is a link to NSU's International Program so you have an idea --> http://pharmacy.nova.edu/NewWebsite/Int_Pgm.html

Edit ... Ok I think I might be mistaken and that you could be admitted to the Post Bacc program. I guess you'll have to call the schools and find out.