Back again. Partner leaving to return to home area. Partnership track in NC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

racerx

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For ASAP (hoping January) start. One of the partners in our group has decided to head back West to be closer to family. As such, our small, private group has a need for a general anesthesiologist at an UNC Affiliated Health Center. This is a bread and butter position. Surgical services include general, vascular, neuro (no complex heads), ortho, gyn, healthy peds. OB call-backs generally light. Regional anesthesia skills a plus. No hearts, and very limited trauma, as most are referred to a tertiary care center.

Two years to partner

Starting salary $300K + benefits; salary increased second year. In addition, benefits include Healthcare, Maximum 401k, HSA, CME allowance, etc.
Profit/dividend sharing upon becoming partner increases total income substantially.

Position is medical direction of CRNAs

MD anesthesiologists place and manage labor epidurals.

Home call 1:5, most post call days off.

7 weeks vacation, plus 1 week CME meeting time per year, to start. This increases upon becoming partner.

Paid Malpractice 3M/5M

Located in Eastern, NC. 45 minutes from Raleigh, 60-90 minutes from the beach (depending on what beach). Low cost of living.

If interested, please feel free to PM me and I'll give you my email address where you can send your CV.

Not an AMC, and not an agency. Agencies, please do not contact regarding this post.

Members don't see this ad.

This is how i read it.

Most post call days off = no post call days off....

This is how i read it.

Most post call days off = no post call days off....
Wrong. We are staffing to 5 anesthesiologists. When we are at 5, everyone will get post call days off. That is one of the reasons we hired the new doc who is starting in November. The partner leaving was a bit unexpected, so we are replacing him so we still get post call day off.

What I write is what I mean.

I must say, your post is quite cynical. You know, not everyone in medicine is out to F- someone.

For those interested, here is a link to our ad. GasWork.com - Reference #213033

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I must say, your post is quite cynical. You know, not everyone in medicine is out to F- someone.

For those interested, here is a link to our ad. GasWork.com - Reference #213033

Guilty as charged, I'm a pretty cynical person after reading about all the stuff on the forum. Glad you're not one of the bad guys.

FWIW, the gasworks post says "ALWAYS" post call days off, but your post says "most", and your last post in may says "first out post call". so i guess i helped clear up some confusion :)

Best of luck to you for your partner search!

PS. Doing the math here, if each partner has 8 weeks of vacation, and you can only get post call days off if there are 5 partners around, that means for 32 weeks of the year (4 partner x 8 weeks each), you will not get a post call day. Correct? That's a significant portion of the 52 weeks in a year (32/52).

Last edited:
PS. Doing the math here, if each partner has 8 weeks of vacation, and you can only get post call days off if there are 5 partners around, that means for 32 weeks of the year (4 partner x 8 weeks each), you will not get a post call day. Correct? That's a significant portion of the 52 weeks in a year (32/52).

We were a 4 person group, and have a 5th coming on in November. The partner who is leaving will be replaced so we don't drop below 5. Currently, we need 3 anesthesiologists on per day. If we have 5 of us, one is always on vacation and one is post call off. That leaves the staffing level at 3.

Partnership track folks will get 8 weeks vacation. The partners get 12 until the track folks get made partner; then we all drop down to 10 weeks and 2 days.

Reactions: 1 user
FWIW, the gasworks post says "ALWAYS" post call days off, but your post says "most", and your last post in may says "first out post call". so i guess i helped clear up some confusion :)

I was trying not to upsell.