Back in those days Vs. PharmCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clachan3

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Getting into pharmacy school is just so difficult nowadays :( especially a lot more people are interested in pharmacy. I am in a small ensemble, 5 out of 10 people including me are going for pharmacy. They are all first year pre-pharmacy students. A lot of the freshmen still have no idea how hard it is to get in. Actually I was one of them, but after having my plan put off for a year because I didn't get in the only school I applied last year.

I applied to 6 schools this year :rolleyes: I was planning to apply more than that but it was just too much work on top of my classes. A lot of the big schools need 3 recommendations, so if I want to apply to 10 schools, I somehow have to come up with 30 recommendation letters. It is quite ridiculous to me!:wow:

I have heard all kinds of "tricks" to get in to big schools, but I think it is just not right. For those who applied for Fall 2003, including me, are definitely going to feel being left out because of the PharmCAS. We are the last bunch of people who have to do it the hard way. +pissed+ Good for those who can use the PharmCAS because you don't have to go out and look for the schools like we did. I really wish that the PharmCAS came out earlier. :D Good luck to everybody!

Members don't see this ad.